As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear MD with MPC4000 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD with MPC4000
Goomba
MD with MPC4000 18 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi, I work with a MD and a MPC4000. But there is that I dont like it.
I sample the MD with the MPC, and when I did edit the samples, the sound is singular, but, when the sample I assigned to program, it loose the alike. Anybody know to solve this????
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: MD with MPC4000 18 Years, 8 Months ago
need more information. sounds like you are doing something incorrectly when assigning a sample to a program.
King Koopa
if the editing works the same as on the 2000xl, it sounds like you're adjusting the start/end points but not actually truncating the sample. ?? actually, i guess it should just play the assigned sample with the start/end points that you've defined? i remember something like this happening, but can't recall the details...
Goomba
Ok. When the sample is edited in the MPC, to play it with the MPC the sound is the same, but when I assigned the sample to the program, to play it isnt alike. The sound loose "gleam". The sample is edit good. I need that sample sounds same the original.
I dont know, maybe is the MPC, or there is any configure in the program. can anybody help me?
Goomba
Re: MD with MPC4000 18 Years, 6 Months ago
make sure that the sequence tempo on the mpc is the same as that on the md when your recorded it (or timestretch the sample on the mpc). i'm not sure how the 4000 does this but if it is trying to timestretch the loop real-time there is a good chance that it'll sound like crap - or, if the tempo on the mpc is off slightly then you'll have gaps (too slow) or overlap (too fast). another issue could be that you chopped the sample wrong. it may sound good in the sample editor when you loop it but if the tempo is off or the loop is longer than the loop bars you've set for the sequence it will start to sound like crap. i use a mpc1000 and a 2500 (just got it!) and it works great! i sample, chop, and sequence everything on an mpc.
Go to top Post Reply