As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox what samples do you use with md uw machines? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: what samples do you use with md uw machines?
King Koopa
MDUW/MNM
virb.com/swiv
Re:what samples do you use with md uw machines? 15 Years, 5 Months ago
normally just layered drums from the MD itself. Sometimes I just want retrigs on drums that don't have it normally. When I had the MD only setup it was all sorts of acoustic samples, cello, erhu, dulicitone. Those MD only tracks were fun.

I nuked everything recently though in anticipation of the science labs...

Stylinghead where are you?!
  The topic has been locked.
I sample...myself. Vain, aren't I?

Anytime I feel that a drum track or synth line is lacking something "special", I chuck it into the UW and generally muck it up.
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
I nuked my MD memory as well. Currently working with the factory samples. Just about anything can be great fodder with enough processing.
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
i have about half one-shot drum samples (mostly snares and kicks but the occasional percussive sound) and then the other half weird synth tones or bass sounds that I then mess with with BRR, SRR, start/end, filtering, etc. Some rhodes samples too that sound great sampled from my nord electro (a sample of a sample
Chain Chomp
Nick the Zombie wrote:
I nuked my MD memory as well. Currently working with the factory samples. Just about anything can be great fodder with enough processing.

I got tired of finding broken patterns because I'd moved samples around or changed them so I'm just using the factory stuff now too. Mostly I use the UW stuff for realtime resampling though.
Goomba
Hi

Where can I get the original factory samples?
Thanks
Goomba
Hi

Where can I get the original factory s'amples for the spsuw?
Thanks
Being a proud endorsed artist by Moogmusic. I've sampled lots of my patches and presets from Voyager for the UW. And single note from 2 Chinese instruments called dizi and guqin. A few originals left as well.

Ahh. the space is so tight that I can't get them all in -_-, there are still empty slots.

Regards,
/M.Q.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Xiaodaner wrote:

Ahh. the space is so tight that I can't get them all in -_-, there are still empty slots.

put a few samples together in one file (with a small "piece of silence" inbetween each sample)
hageir wrote:
Xiaodaner wrote:

put a few samples together in one file (with a small "piece of silence" inbetween each sample)

Thanks for the help. But you've understood my words in an opposite way...

There are empty slots but the memory is full. I've used that method, one chord per second in the slot with liner sample start adjustment. This is a nice way.

Regards,
/M.Q.
Go to top Post Reply