As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox what samples do you use with md uw machines? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: what samples do you use with md uw machines?
Goomba
what samples do you use with md uw machines? 15 Years, 5 Months ago
i would like to know what samples you use with your md uw machines?

do you have a lot of slots filled with exotic drum sounds?

how many vocal samples you use?

synthesizer one shots? which synths? recorded them on your own?

any waveforms?
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re:what samples do you use with md uw machines? 15 Years, 5 Months ago
i have a collection of weird mechanical toy industrish evolutive sounds (specialized on retrig + lfo on start morphing). most of recorded on my own with important objects for me.
got 5 or 6 violent snares also (higly compressed and a high decay).
Game & Watch
I use sounds that I get from CDs and Vinyl (could be anything)...as well as old drum machine samples.
Goomba
howdragonsdisap: you mentioned that you're using LFO for faking long attacks, so maybe the best technique is to have (tonal) samples with a short attack and a long decay & release? so you could have swelling sounds AND short attacks too?
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
I just have a lot of different stuff, pads, rhodes, acoustic instrument samples, samples from songs, mostly anything with a lot of different sounds, then I transform them into something new (it's so versatile, the UW)
no vocal samples for me (though I had: "Cold getting dumb" by Just Ice loaded once )

I've found out the samples that I concentrate on too much are the boring ones, the more "random" and "faster" sampled samples always come out best (the one's I'm not expecting much from)
Admin
tIB was here
Ive just sampled my MNM so far.
Hammer Bro
honsey wrote:
howdragonsdisap: you mentioned that you're using LFO for faking long attacks, so maybe the best technique is to have (tonal) samples with a short attack and a long decay & release? so you could have swelling sounds AND short attacks too?

in fact i use lfo on start and retrig to make some time stretch, to control the speed of the sample play, and replay. so i have long sample but with an evolutive waveform
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
drums.
Rew
Chain Chomp
I just have in there whatever i need for my current project at hand. Recently...... marimbas, udus, and kalimbas. Had a bunch of samples from snow white and the seven dwarves previously. Its always changing out.

Tho, I am seriously thinking about sampling all the MnM beatbox drums.... cause i LOVE them, and it always seems like kinda a waste of a precious MnM track to me when i could just have em in the ol MD.
drum + fx
Go to top Post Reply