As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear another Sysex utility (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: another Sysex utility
Goomba
another Sysex utility 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi!

I've just uploaded my "summer project", a SysEx utility with some handy features. Its a lot like Elektrons C6 but with the ability to extract messages from recieved dumps from the Monomachine. As the homepage says it lacks an important feature, to "pair" patterns, kits and songs but I have no access to Elektrons documentation for the sysex data and looking trough the data with a hexeditor was a pain in the *ss and I didn't figure out more than position and kit and song names. Hopefully it won't take to long before I can implement this feature.

I have used the app a bit here, with my m-audio audiophile firewire and a mac mini, and it works well for me but there's a chance you people will run into problem but I hope to fix them as soon as possible ( if there are any =) ).

For now it only works with the Monomachine but if I get my hands on some Elektron docs on the sysex data from the MD i'll be happy to add support for it.

the URL:
http://noisy.csbnet.se/~jotsif/monolibrarian/
The page is very simple but it includes a screenshot of monolibrarian in action.

/Josef
  The topic has been locked.
Re: another Sysex utility 18 Years, 9 Months ago
I have the Elektron docs for both the MD and MnM. I was working on a similar app last summer that was never completed. I can pass them along if you wish, just PM me.
Killer Beez
nice, I will test this out. its nice to be able to keep everything nice and neat and labeled like that!
Goomba

milkmansnd wrote:
nice, I will test this out. its nice to be able to keep everything nice and neat and labeled like that!

I'll be happy if you do!

I think the iTunes-, iPhoto-concept is a great thing and it kinda builds on that.
And when i get those docs so I can get the "pairing" to work I think i'll be even more useful.
Go to top Post Reply