As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Making kits out of weird machines (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Making kits out of weird machines
Killer Beez
Making kits out of weird machines 18 Years, 10 Months ago
You guys ever make an entire kit out of weird shit? Like just the noise and sinwave gnd machines? I tried that today - holy shit it rules!!! There is weird shit in the MD that I did not even realise cause I am always doing something "normal" with mine - but today I just cleared out a pattern, loaded an empty kit, and went at it. The results are good. well, they were good until I used the pattern to make the cheesiest song ever in the world - but you get the idea...
  The topic has been locked.
Re: Making kits out of weird machines 18 Years, 10 Months ago
post a demo of what you made
Killer Beez
haha, not this time
yeah, the MD really is just such a fucking incredible thing...i know i need not say that to this audience, but it constantly blows me away.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far beyond and "ordinary drum machine".

anyway, i'm not much a hardware person, other than my MD which will never leave me. is there any other hardware piece out there that is really as mind blowingly versatile and just plain essential?
Killer Beez
yeah, the monomachine
Cappy
Milk you took the words out of my mouth!
MnM? really?...hmm...of course you get this reply at an Elektron forum
i've been considering one nice hardware synth and was thinking to get something to add some variety in tone to the MD. i'm thinking the MnM will just give me more of that elektron sound, which i love, but isn't all i'm after
anway, i'm taking this thread off base...

tonight i'm going to mess with these machines that i'm also largely inexperienced with.
Killer Beez
yeah, that was the obvious answer - but the 2 machines really have no sounds that are similar - even the bbox machine is completely different than the MD.
hmmmmmmmm....but still, i mean more of that overall "electro-techno" type sound...don't get me wrong, which i love and which elektron does FABULOUSLY, but between just a few pieces of gear, i want more flexibility for other sounds, like gritty drum and bass, or smooth ambient...

i'm thinking possibly a Virus C with my MD, Kontakt, Atmosphere, and Cubase should be a good combo...
less is more, at least, that's enough for me!!
Killer Beez
I think the mono is versitile enough to do whatever personally - but yeah, maybe its not as intuitive as the Virus C at making genre inspired sounds. However, the mono does more in terms of sound creation for me than my virus does - mostly cause the filter on the mono is so bizarre - thats a good thing.

Even in a minimal rig, its nice to hvae something like the monomachine because its completely unconventional.

So much so that I have not touched my evolver in months and I am considering selling it...
Go to top Post Reply