As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear MachineDrum feature idea (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MachineDrum feature idea
Hammer Bro
MachineDrum feature idea 18 Years, 9 Months ago
For each track, add "paramlock clipboard" feature. Essentially allows you to copy and paste sets of parameter locks between trigs. There could be 4 copy slots per track, and the interface could handle it as follows. Hold a trig step down and then hit one of the patternbank buttons A-D, this assigns all locks that have previously been copied to that slot. Repeating that keystroke with the function button held would copy the trig's existing param locks to the slot for future use.

This would make it much easier to handle repeated compex param variations in a track. Suppose you have a hihat pattern and you're locking certain trigs to have a longer decay and a different filter cutoff and resonance. Rather than repeat it manually across each step, just lay out the straight pattern, lock one trig, copy it, then paste it 8 or 10 times.

This probably could be applied to the monomachine as well.

Thoughts?
  The topic has been locked.
aom
Cappy
Re: MachineDrum feature idea 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Can't you achieve the same thing by copying and pasting individual notes?
Hammer Bro
that would be pretty much the same....errr...I didn't know you could do that? How?
aom
Cappy
You need to be in record mode.

Then while holding the note you wanna copy, press the copy/record button, and the screen should say "note copied" or similar.

Then press and hold the destination for the copied note, and press the paste/stop button.

Ta-dah!

It is very handy indeed
Hammer Bro
neat! do you have to press function while holding the trig button before hitting copy/paste, or no?

I didn't see that one in the manual!
yeah, when is Elektron gonna update the manual? there's new functions like this i'm still finding out about quite often.
Killer Beez
the ctr machines are not even in the manual!!!

maybe we need to write the manual ourselves? I can do it, but its not gonna be cheap!
ok, ill give you two beans
Chain Chomp
I do believe that you have to hold down the function button to copy a note (while in record mode). Also, if you want to record a whole track (including param. locks), then, while in record mode, hold down function and press copy (screen will display "track copied").

cchocjr
Hammer Bro
^^ actually, I was able to try this out last night and you do NOT have to hold function...just hold the note that you want to copy and press the transport button corresponding to COPY. Like wise with paste. Hey, this is gonna improve my workflow by quite a bit!!! Thanks for the tip.
Go to top Post Reply