As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Science Lab SL01: Collaboration (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Science Lab SL01: Collaboration
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:Science Lab SL01: Collaboration 15 Years, 3 Months ago
man, I haven't heard from my UW partner in ages
..didn't hear anything from my Mono partner at all (Enapa?)
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
cool! you keen for someone to work with? there may only be five more days or something .. that's more than enough time.

if you or other Elektronians would like to interact on a few patches or science lab, i am up and running the the MD/MnM uwII's for a little while now, so i would humbly presume to at least not be a hindrance.
Admin
previewlounge wrote:
cool! you keen for someone to work with? there may only be five more days or something .. that's more than enough time.

**EDIT** This goes for any of you, really -- if you want to change partners please check with them before taking on a different one. If the originals don't care, then PM me about the new partner.

M
Where should completed projects be sent?
Game & Watch
One practical question while we're here.
Is the intention to submit each contributor's take or file or do the collaborators have to agree on one single take ?

Personally, I think it would be interesting to see/hear both sides but maybe that's just me.
Boo
eminor9 wrote:
One practical question while we're here.
Is the intention to submit each contributor's take or file or do the collaborators have to agree on one single take ?

Personally, I think it would be interesting to see/hear both sides but maybe that's just me.

could be interesting to see both versions. because those are really different at least in our collaborations...
Admin
I think it's an interesting idea, Eminor, but to me the point of the collaboration is to see the end result of two people working together on one song. I will speak with Actuel and see what he thinks, but for purposes of the Science Lab, I think it should be one submission from the collaborators. We can start another alternate takes thread so that this one doesn't become overloaded.

Others should feel free to chime in if they feel differently.

Allerian -- I'll also ask Actuel about your question.

M
Admin
Allerian wrote:
Where should completed projects be sent?

Projects should be posted in the files section.

Please submit the sysex, the recorded mp3, and any samples you might have used. Since the files section can only host files up to 8MB in size, anything larger than 8 MB will have to be hosted off-site.

Eminor9

Yes, collaborators must agree on one take. If you want to post your separate versions, please start a new thread in the Science Lab forum with an appropriate title.

The deadline has been extended through January 20, 2009.

Thanks!

M
Entry Posted 15 Years, 3 Months ago
A sysex of the MnM Collab between OnTheFly and Allerian has been posted in the files section. An mp3 is available at: http://www.allerian.com/music/OnTheFly-Allerian-DownhillRolling.mp3

I have to admit my one mistake: During the process of tweaking this out over the last few days I moved the files to my new MKII machine and ended up using a DENS machine without thinking about it - doh!

[Edit: Don't miss the little "jig" at the end!]
Admin
tIB was here
Re:Entry Posted 15 Years, 3 Months ago
Allerian wrote:
A sysex of the MnM Collab between OnTheFly and Allerian has been posted in the files section. An mp3 is available at: http://www.allerian.com/music/OnTheFly-Allerian-DownhillRolling.mp3

I have to admit my one mistake: During the process of tweaking this out over the last few days I moved the files to my new MKII machine and ended up using a DENS machine without thinking about it - doh!
ha, naughty naughty! Disqualify them! Look forward to giving this a spin
Go to top Post Reply