As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Science Lab SL01: Collaboration (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Science Lab SL01: Collaboration
Admin
Re:Science Lab SL01: Collaboration 15 Years, 6 Months ago
Allerian wrote:
For me, this was a liberating opportunity to do a backup and an Empty Reset. Both of my collabs are going better than expected, even with a few OS inconsistencies. If there were no challenges, anyone could do it.

i love nukes more than iran and n. korea put together.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Science Lab SL01: Collaboration 15 Years, 4 Months ago
So I never heard from my partner. Anyone else in the same boat and looking to team up? I've got the next 24 hours free and I've been away from my box for a week so I'm itching.
Admin
Hesse,

Please PM me and we'll try and sort this out.

M
Just curious...I see that the deadline is Jan 1st. Any chance of extending that by a week or two? Y'know, just to get over the holiday hangovers.
Admin
Kas,

I'll check with fearless leader and see what he thinks. Part of me thinks it's a good idea, but others may not want that hanging over them.
Righto. Our project is very near completion but a little extra time would be grand.
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
papertiger wrote:
Allerian wrote:
For me, this was a liberating opportunity to do a backup and an Empty Reset. Both of my collabs are going better than expected, even with a few OS inconsistencies. If there were no challenges, anyone could do it.

i love nukes more than iran and n. korea put together.

I think the proper correlation would be... "I love nukes more than Russian and North America ccombined.."
Game & Watch
what exactly is science labs for .. music, patches .. collaboration with visualz?
Admin
previewlounge wrote:
what exactly is science labs for .. music, patches .. collaboration with visualz?

Science Labs are typically "challenges" to create a song/sketch/piece using a very limited set of parameters on either the Machinedrum or the Monomachine. For instance, in the past, we had a Science Lab which consisted of making a song using just the noise machine on the Monomachine. Usually, no external processing or external anything is permitted -- it's just you, the elektron, and one synth machine.

This time around, for SL01, we tried something we've not done before: collaboration between forum members. Pairs/teams are allowed to use the elektron and that's it -- no external processing, etc.

Visuals are not part of the science labs. Science labs are a chance to explore the machine in a really focused manner.

If you're interested in sharing patches, etc. I would post in the sandbox forum -- just make sure that you include an explanation.

Hope that explains things.

M

PS welcome to the board!
Egads - the deadline approaches!
Go to top Post Reply