As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Science Lab SL01: Collaboration (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Science Lab SL01: Collaboration
Cappy
Re:Science Lab SL01: Collaboration 15 Years, 6 Months ago
cool, cheers for sorting that.
I'd no idea I'd be doing all 3, fudge it, let's go!
  The topic has been locked.
Hey, I'm wondering how you guys are working together?

Are you passing files back and forth and remixing?

I'm interested.

By the way, a great way to do things, besides emails, is by setting up a drop @ http://drop.io .

Just upload whatever, add notes, delete...anything. Very collaborative.
Admin
tIB was here
^ Nice link, hope it turns out to be more reliable than my mediamax (which erased an entire set of drum samples I downloaded of this site which I can no longer find anymore).

So far Ive just been working on the one collab (sorry mememamo, soon!), mostly emailed concepts and sysex passing around so far. Working on patterns/kits so far, taking a half and half approach to the kit and then working our own ideas into each others patterns.

Have come up with plenty of different ways of working and am keen to put in a lot to these labs; theres a lot to get out of this in terms of looking at different peoples approaches to kits/programming.

Really enjoying it so far and looking forward to getting my MD one going too, bags of fun!
Yeah, agreed. This was actually a great idea. Different than working with audio though--you really have to plan things out.

As for drop.io, I wouldn't call it rock-solid, but I don't think it's going anywhere. Some have complained about speed, but they were in the outskirts of Europe and I think most of these servers are in the US. Anyway, the interface is great and so easy to set up.
Admin
tIB was here
^ Nice, Ill check it out; if its small files like sysex and notepad stuff then its not going to take long to upload anyway. Thanks for that.

As for the planning out aspect one thing I'm sure going to miss when using MD is the super copy function.
Cappy
errr.. did we take OS versions into account?
i'm still using MnM 1.07g and i've ran into problems, Sysex Error
still to verify what OS version my buddy has, just guessing that's what the problem might be.
Admin
onthefly wrote:
errr.. did we take OS versions into account?
i'm still using MnM 1.07g and i've ran into problems, Sysex Error
still to verify what OS version my buddy has, just guessing that's what the problem might be.

We didn't take OS versions into account when we made the pairings. That's an issue you'll have to sort out with your partner in crime. Differing OS' might be what your problems are due to.

M
Hey, I'm just wondering how people are doing with this.

Anybody close...or even started?

My partners seem to be a little busy at the moment, but I'm sure they'll check in soon.

How are you working?
Admin
i've started both. the method has been to trade sysex's back and forth, and save a new version of the kit in case either person wants to go back to a previous version.

i think the most important thing is to be systematic about things and to make it easy -- pick one bank or several banks (depending on how you work) and agree to wipe it!

M
For me, this was a liberating opportunity to do a backup and an Empty Reset. Both of my collabs are going better than expected, even with a few OS inconsistencies. If there were no challenges, anyone could do it.
Go to top Post Reply