As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Science Lab SL01: Collaboration (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Science Lab SL01: Collaboration
Admin
Re:Science Lab SL01: Collaboration 15 Years, 6 Months ago
eminor9 wrote:
Any deadline for this stuff ?

january 1st.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
is multitrack recording for SID Station ok? or just - one, internal SID sequence can be used for one song?
Admin
ural wrote:
is multitrack recording for SID Station ok? or just - one, internal SID sequence can be used for one song?

this is a good question, one i would have never thought of because i don't own one...(sadly)

SID will be the exception, multitracking is ok for the SID collaboration. Still needs to be SIDs only, no extra processing, etc. Same rules but you can multitrack.
Boo
actuel wrote:
ural wrote:

this is a good question, one i would have never thought of because i don't own one...(sadly)

SID will be the exception, multitracking is ok for the SID collaboration. Still needs to be SIDs only, no extra processing, etc. Same rules but you can multitrack.

thanks!

should we use just one patch or several (how much?) patches?
King Koopa
yeaaahhh cool.

First time i will make a full song with my monomachine

HK
Admin
ural wrote:
should we use just one patch or several (how much?) patches?

Use as many as you want. the SID get's so little love here on the board, so you guys get a full pass. Multiple tracks => GO!
Hammer Bro
WOw that sounds awesome! I totally missed that

--me, turning around and leaving in the rain--
Game & Watch
Daft Question:

The sysex is not going to contain any live tweaks applied on the recording on the fly, e.g. level tweaks, filters etc.. presumably this ok?
Admin
ipassenger wrote:
Daft Question:

The sysex is not going to contain any live tweaks applied on the recording on the fly, e.g. level tweaks, filters etc.. presumably this ok?

Hopefully folks will find ways to work that's best for them both. Just remember you'll want to capture as much of the tweaking, filtering, etc in the machines. that way you can send the Sysex to your partner and they can add, edit and make even more patterns, etc. Doing all real time tweaks and recording direct to a DAW isn't going to be make it very collaborative at all because you're partner is relying on your mix down and not your actual patterns, song, etc.

Again, do whatever you guys want, but remember aside from the SID there's no overdubbing or external processing. PIMP YOUR BOX.
Admin
We found a partner for OntheFly in the SID category, BATNI.

Thx Batni!
Go to top Post Reply