As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Elektron Soft Carry Case? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Elektron Soft Carry Case?
Goomba
Elektron Soft Carry Case? 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Hey guys and ladies,

has anyone of u a elektron soft carry case for his MD or MnMSFX-60. Is it tough enough for carrying those sweet but expensive gear, or would it be better to get a case for that job?

Thanx, toxictobi 8-)
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Elektron Soft Carry Case? 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Hopefully Elektron will start producing their carry cases again. Those suckers are pretty nice.
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
was there a different case than the one they currently carry?

i have the softcase that fits the MnM and MD, and it is great... though i mostly use it for carrying other stuff. it is padded on front and back, but the sides aren't padded, so it isn't really a protective gig bag. it is just a very well-made canvas bag that fits the elektron perfectly. it is a great case, but i would more reccommend getting a hard case for such expensive gear. i hear pistol cases are ideal.
Admin

dirge wrote:

i hear pistol cases are ideal.

just get a pistol and hold the keyboard/box under the other arm. i doubt you'll have many problems
Killer Beez
yeah - thats a great way to protect yourself... but no the synth!

I never liked the idea of a soft case for gear - not even a guitar. It just seems sketchy for me - hard is where its at. FAA approved flight cases are really the way to go - custom built is even better! If you plan on traveling with this gear, do yourself a favor and spend the money to encase it properly!
Admin
if you plan on carrying a MnM sfx60 + an MD(UW), this is a nice option:

Pelican on Ebay

and there are similiar options out there too...
i always thought that these looked pretty sweet. I don't have one, though, since I've already got the Elektron case and a Pelican case for my MD/SFX-60 friends. but I would *highly* recommend the Pelican 1500 case. it's well worth the $90 and it'll protect your gear SO much more than a soft case. that said, the soft cases are nice for small trips to the coffee shop for a little MnM action :-D
Goomba
Thanx guys, that?s just the iformation I wanted to know, so
I think a custom built flight case, like the ones for my Electribes, would be the best solution for such expensive gear.

peasn, tobitobsen
aom
Cappy
I second the Pelican cases -- they're great! Nice and light, and very sturdy/strong.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
I've got the Pelican 1720 to carry the SFX-6. If a newcular detonation occurred close by, cockroaches, Twinkies, and the Pelican case would be undamaged. I, however, would be instantly vaporized.
Go to top Post Reply