As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox OLD step shift trick/technique (:P) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OLD step shift trick/technique (:P)
Hero of Winds
OLD step shift trick/technique (:P) 15 Years, 7 Months ago
Function + Left / Right shifts MD and MnM steps back and forth when in grid record mode

Is that new or am I reallly behind? I know a few people here wanted it so if they don't know already, they should do now. I don't know how many times I just shouted "F**K!" when I found that.

BTW if this is old, feel free to delete mods.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Did everyone know about this / Am I seriously behind here 15 Years, 7 Months ago
I was quite amazed when I realized that you could that too Very nice to use and twist basslines around and things.
Re:Did everyone know about this / Am I seriously behind here 15 Years, 7 Months ago
yea, it's pretty old. it was there when i got my first MD in 2003
Admin
tIB was here
I didnt know!
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
i like to copy a track

then shift it back and forwards against the original

getting off beats, doubling bass lines

on a few track i would shift it 16 or 32 steps to get a different starting point for the line.

a quick way to get variations of the same pattern too.

yes you've got a big behind....lol.....or rtm
Admin
Would be nice to have a similar function for the whole pattern too, not only the tracks.
Admin
tIB was here
Shit, I can move it as many steps as I want right??

Does this mean I can shift along to say steps 46 - 52 in a pattern, then shorten the length to 16 so only those steps are looping?
Chain Chomp
You can shift those steps back to the first 16 then shorten the loop to 1 bar.
Game & Watch
Re:Did everyone know about this / Am I seriously behind here? 15 Years, 7 Months ago
+1 on the pretty old.

Altho it is good tho. Pretty good for twisting a beat for a couple of bars when yr jamming and then dropping it back inline.. or the old Kicks move to the offbeat for 4 bars n then back on "a la" Ben Sims n the like.
Game & Watch
yeah, pretty old tip but anyway one of my favorites!
I always shit the basslines against the kick when I finished them to see if another starting point makes it a better one...it´s amazing to hear how the same sequence twist to another different one just by moving a few steps

while playing live this is an excellent variation tip to do...too bad you can´t MIDI it (you can´t, right?...or I´m missing something?) I´d love to have this function instantly available for several tracks at the same time

I try it with the kick track instead of the bassline and it annoying with 4 on the floor kicks...it´s sounds like a bad technique mixing or something wrong...
BUT if you make a no-kick break leaving a pad o r some backing sequence/noises you can move the kick while muted and change the whole track when it back to the mix!...you have to make a pretty long break to make people forget about the position of the kick

talking about MIDIfied functions: anyone knos if you can transpose a track via MIDI?...I mean a control to the transpose function

well, I think I can use pitch bend assigned to a button, right?
Go to top Post Reply