As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Bunch of new tracks on my site (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Bunch of new tracks on my site
Killer Beez
Bunch of new tracks on my site 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Hey - just thought you all might want to hear parts of my live set that I pre-recorded last week.

http://milkmansound.com/audio.shtml

enjoy!

I will post the actual set when I get it!
  The topic has been locked.
Re: Bunch of new tracks on my site 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Solid material - where do you play this stuff?
Killer Beez
I just played at an event in NYC last weekend - other than that, nowhere - I am in the process of booking myself in new england right now.
King Koopa
nice relaxing tracks, Milk! nice washes and the beats aren't intrusive. i'm guessing the acid niceness is from the x0xb0x? i really dig 'Road Agent'. what'd you use for gear? mpc, md, mm, x0xb0x? very nice.
Killer Beez
you got it! thanks!

most of the poly synth is sampled from my virus, and there is a little juno 106 sampled in there too - but other than that, its just those machines. The XBase is really a pleasure to work with live, as is the x0xb0x. I am still a little too afraid of the machinedrum monomachine combo at a gig - the simplicity of the Xbase can not be beat, however, as you say the beats are a bit too unobtrusive. The MD hits harder, however, having just kick hats and snare is nice - and I added some aux percussion with the monomachine bbox.

Funny story: I noticed something rattling around in the x0xb0x when I got to the gig, and I was like "uh oh". The thing powered up and worked fine through the set, and I was relieved. Then when I got home I took the cover off to check what was rattling - there was a roll of electrical tape in there! I have no idea how that got in there, and how I did not notice it for 5 weeks while I was writing the music - but it scared the crap out of me!!!
King Koopa
lol, kind of like a doctor dropping a set of forceps or his Rolex into a patient's chest cavity during a triple-bypass? :-D that's pretty funny.

oh, which was it? the Xbase, MD or both?
Killer Beez
no MD

shes been sitting in the studio waiting for her moment. I just got hired to do another fashion show in october though - the MD is all over it.
Go to top Post Reply