As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Anybody use a Nord Electro? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Anybody use a Nord Electro?
Hammer Bro
Anybody use a Nord Electro? 18 Years, 9 Months ago
Now, I'm normally a programmer/ step-sequencer/ quantizer/ tweaker type of music maker, but lately I've really been lusting after one of those Nord Electros. I know that if I get it, I won't be able to play it very well at first. But it seems like such an *instrument* compared to a lot of gear out there. Like it has a spirit of its own. Maybe that's part of the reason I love Elektron gear so much, too. It makes me want to be a better musician...do you guys think it's worth getting? The sounds wouldn't really be useful for my normal type of output, but it may lead me into new territories...
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: Anybody use a Nord Electro? 18 Years, 9 Months ago
they sound fantastic. Really seriously fantastic.

However, the action is kind of weird for me. I think its intentionally weird - because it needs to split the difference between the rhodes feel, the wurly feel, the clav feel, and the hammond feel.

I have a friend who is sponsored by Nord, and he was going to try and set me up with the rack version. I have a Rhodes and a Wurlitzer 200 - but I tell you, to have them in a convenient little package like that would be quite nice. As it is my wurly is not functioning properly, and my rhodes is sitting in storage because its a monster and requires a guitar amp to sound any damn good.

I want one too - group buy anyone?
hi,
i recently bought one for a friend and played with it for a while.. i think it is an excellent machine, nice feeling keyboard and it would make a really nice midi controller. for that price though you would want to REALLY love the sound of the B3 (alot of people do!) this is what it excells at and most other sounds are just mediocre in my opinion. its kinda light on features but its perfect for a pianist or keyboard player who is overwhealmed by ordinary synthesizers. i opened it up to switch power supply to 240v and i was kinda shocked, as the guts of it consisted of one tiny pcb and a powersupply surrounded by massive amounts of swedish air. its hollow! but the B3 emulation sounds splendid. so have you seen the nord stage? it might be a bit more appealing to a synthesist such as yurself
neonleg
Synthesist, yes...Bill Gates, no! I can't buy no $4000 keyboard! How about and electro 2 midi'd to a lead2 rack...
Yoshi
oh i'd love to get an electro...
Goomba
I got an Elektro 2 73, loving it. It's truely an great _instrument_, meant to be played (rather than programmed, geddit?) IMO

BRGDS, Spanky
Hammer Bro
I still want one, but it will have to wait until I pay off a monomachine...in the mean time, I'll work on my chops.
Killer Beez
Re: Anybody use a Nord Electro? 18 Years, 8 Months ago
I just played with one today in the Guitar Center (which sucked btw) in Boston.

The elektro sounds good, and the action is not as weird as I remember it. Its a nice instrument, and I still want one!

Meanwhile, the poly evolver is a BAD ASS MOFO!!! Holy hell, that thing will take any social life and just crush it like a bug. Yes, I want one of those too
Go to top Post Reply