As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Announcing: Ruin & Wesen MidiCommand and MonoJoystick (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Announcing: Ruin & Wesen MidiCommand and MonoJoystick
King Koopa
MDUW/MNM
virb.com/swiv
Re:Announcing: Ruin & Wesen MidiCommand and MonoJoystick 15 Years, 8 Months ago
Wow a lot of interest in these controllers, congratulations daswesen.

I have a question about the MJ, is it possible (or would it ever be possible) to record p-locks in live-record mode using the joystick? From what I've read elsewhere the original joystick on the SFX-6 lacked that funtionality. Seems like p-locks aren't normally handled via midi but thought I'd throw it out there.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
swiv wrote:
Wow a lot of interest in these controllers, congratulations daswesen.

I have a question about the MJ, is it possible (or would it ever be possible) to record p-locks in live-record mode using the joystick? From what I've read elsewhere the original joystick on the SFX-6 lacked that funtionality. Seems like p-locks aren't normally handled via midi but thought I'd throw it out there.

this is a brilliant idea and if anyone can figure out how to do it, wesen can -- as long as it's possible. seems weird that elektron wouldn't have/didn't implemented it on the sfx-6, but then there are not ctrl-all machines, etc. on the mono, so who knows. . .
Chain Chomp
hey peepz, thanks for all the interest it seems to go really well, i ahve a lot of work on my hands. I'll contact the people who preordered with more information about the form factors and expected delivery date, as well as some more details. If you can think of additional functionality for the devices drop me a message

Yes sadly CC recording into plocks doesn't work at the moment, there are some possibilities to work around that but none is really elegant. I'll have a deeper look at it.

cheers, manuel
Chain Chomp
I'll see what I can do about battery power, I think that's a definite option. Bigger buttons for sure, on the vid that were those I had in my lab
Game & Watch
delete
King Koopa
I was going to get the joystick, but unless the tweaks you do with it can be recorded into mm sequencer, then i probobly will not...
Maybe I could just do the same with my 3x bitstream controller.
King Koopa
MDUW/MNM
virb.com/swiv
If you can crack that one wesen, it would be awesome. Imagine also being able to overlay exisiting p-locks (eg so that existing filter tweaks for a phrase could be ramped over a whole pattern while preserving the original "difference" between p-locks) - that would add a huge amount of functionality. One thing at a time though hey! These new boxes add a lot to the elektrons. Either way I'll still ask santa for one

edit: I guess the above could be done with THRU FX tracks
Daswesen, if I use the MJ with the Monomachine SFX-6 will both joysticks respond?
Cappy
Battery power as an option would be great - I just hate DC walwarts
Rew
Chain Chomp
mmmmm, seconded. battery option would be awesome if these boxes can handle it!

i have too many wallwarts.
Go to top Post Reply