As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Funk_Doc
Funk_Doc 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Updating MD OS. . . . .

I am trying to update the MD OS. BTW I just got it so helloooo and thanks in advance for the help. I followed the directions in the user manual for sysex rcv and had no luck. The MD just stays on the waiting. . . message. ANybody else able to do it with snoize on Mac OS 10.4? Am I missing a step.
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: Funk_Doc 18 Years, 10 Months ago
yup, I use sysex librarian all the time no problem on both machines.

Make sure its routed out of your computer properly for one, and make sure the timing between messages is not too fast or too slow (takes a long enough time as it is)

The MD will never say anything but the waiting message until just prior to reboot. If you let it sit for a minute or 2, you'll see that the sound selection LED's start to light up, and also, the sequencer LED's will start to light up as more and more chunks of the OS make it on there. Then the thing reboots itself.

Its never a bad idea to back up your patterns and kits either :-D
Updating OS 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Still having problems. It is connected fine. I am using sysex rcv, original. Is that the correct setting? For some odd reason it is not updating.
Re: Updating OS 18 Years, 10 Months ago
is there a way to do a system reset like the MnM?
Killer Beez
only if you become a member of the forum
Goomba
Alright, I am a member. :-D

But seriously, I dont know what is going on. I have 1.20 in there now. Bought it second hand and am wanting to install the 1.29d. I know there is midi going out b/c I even hooked up a USB uno chord and it shows midi going out of mac into MD. It has to be a setting or something I am doing wrong (MD +sysex librarian).
Here is what I am doing.
1)I load the .syx file into sysex librarian
2) Go into global 1
3)Set MIDI to sysex rec
4Hit enter
5) Hit enter again (waiting. . . )
6) push play on sysex librarian

Any ideas or suggestions? :-?
Killer Beez
hmm.

Well - try using this: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/MIDI_Monitor/

make sure everything is routed properly! Like through the right channel of your interface - for example, mine is hooked up to port 8 of my Midex 8, and i need to specify that in the prefs for the sysex program.

The Machinedrum base channel is at the default - I don't even think this makes a difference.

Then I use midimonitor to monitor the output of the sysex librarian to make sure everything is going as planned. However, I can tell that the OS loads cause the LED's eventually begin to light up.
Goomba
Milk,
thanks for the help so far. while the sysex librarian is runningshould the monitoring programming be reading clock as the message the whole time, or should it be saying sysex?

BTW, mine is saying clock.
i think everyone forgot the first line of this thread... he's trying to update the OS. so hold FUNCTION down while powering up the MD (as it describes in the text file that comes with the OS). you'll then see a menu. you want to choose the option that says "MIDI Upgrade." you then begin sending the message from Sysex librarion, MIDI-OX or C6 (preferred). the LED's will light up as it receives the messages. also, you may want to check the FAQ's for the MD; this topic is covered pretty thoroughly in there.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
how long does it take t update the sysex data from midi-ox to the machinedrum im already waitng for ahalf hour know?
tjebbestorm
Go to top Post Reply