As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: greybox?
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
greybox? 18 Years, 9 Months ago
anyone know about this? is it available anywhere?
link: http://web.archive.org/web/20030805180424/http://greybox.norfair.org/
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: greybox? 18 Years, 9 Months ago
well, there is this:

www.wayfar.net

I have one of these - it rules (but its in storage at the moment)

I used to use the MD to sequence this, and used mostly the noises - big big fun :-D
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
thanks. i'm aware of the midiNES, and plan on buying one. I'm just wondering about other similar projects....
woah! that sounds cool...is that greybox project ancient history ("expected to be released in 2003...."), or is it still live?

the MIDINes looks cool too, but I don't like the idea of having to rely on an old NES system, those things are notoriously failure-prone.

I'd love to have an NES synth chip to park next to my sidstation....
Killer Beez
yeah, the worst part about the thing is the noisey audio bus on the NES - its the same reason the sid had to exit the confines of the C64 - too much noise on the data bus!

plus, remember when you played mario brothers and the screen would turn into little squares and the game would keep playing? Well, the audio version of that crash is not so good. :-o
Hammer Bro
you mean "not so good" as in "incredibly interesting", or "not so good" as in "quite bad"?

just between you and I, I've always wanted to recreate the super mario bros theme with some new passages, and what better way to do this than on the NES synth!! I'll have to get one somehow.

by the way, you guys ever used/heard of nanoloop before? it's a gameboy synth+sequencer.
Boo
by the way, you guys ever used/heard of nanoloop before? it's a gameboy synth+sequencer.

that's probably what DJ Scotch Egg uses
Killer Beez
yeah, I have heard good things about nanoloop. If I ever see a gameboy lying around, I'll be sure and pick it up.
Yoshi
i have both nanoloop and LSDJ for gameboy. have been playing around only with LSDJ yet and it's a lot of fun! it has a quite steep learning curve because of the obviously not so great user-interface but it has a lot of cool features. just need more time to really dig in...
Go to top Post Reply