As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Bad Bass on MnM? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Bad Bass on MnM?
Goomba
Bad Bass on MnM? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hey guys,
I?m thinking about buying a MnM SFX60 to expand my live setup(got an EMX, ESX, and microkorg) and actually the MnM should be the last hardware I?ll buy (hope so), because of getting minimal and so...
But now to my question:
The Sound-examples on the elektron site aren?t the greatest, so I really don?t know if it?s possible to create those bad bass sounds with the MnM, something like subbass. I also read about, that the filter is a bit different from others.
So my question to those, already having a MnM:
Is it versatile enough to create a great spectrum of sounds, especially bass?
U know this sweet hardware is quiet expensive, so I?ll we be happy about ya replies. sorry for mz englich

Peasn, toxictobi :-o
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: Bad Bass on MnM? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
yes - the saw machine + filters will destroy speakers. I use the mono for bass - I will try and post something later.
Goomba
Yeah, that would be nice. I thought about buying a Legacy-Collection for this job, but than i realized that i have already so much gear from Korg, and it?s somehow "korgsound". So I need a piece of gear, that sounds different and I think the step-sequenzer of the MnM is a state of the art-one, isn?t it?

Greetings, toxictobi
Killer Beez
yes, the sequencer rules. You will never touch your Korg gear again...
Killer Beez
Chain Chomp
Actually, I have a song I'm working on that has some pretty fuckin' sick bass in it--dirty, filtered bass...sub-bass pulses...the works. Two of the six tracks on the MNM are like this...dirty as shit. I'll try to post it later today.

cchocjr
Chain Chomp
As promised...

pardon it's rough edges (particularly the ones that aren't SUPPOSED to be there).

cchocjr

Dirty MNM Demo
Goomba
Thanks a lot for ya demos, I?m really impressed.
Especially the one from cchocjr sounds so crunchy and dirty.
That?s just the kind of sound I was searching for, I think it will be a nice addition to the a bit more warm sound of my electribes.
But of course i got one more question to come about the sequencer of the MnM:
I read there is full midi-control support, of course and sequencing in song mode is like putting some patterns together, mute, loop or transpose them, but I think there is no mastertrack in song-mode, where you can record a slow filtersweep about 8 bars for example. So it would be really nice if it would be possible to sequence the patterns in the MnM-song mode(mutings and so) and afterwards tweaking the knobs in song-mode, while recording only the controlchange-messages(filter-cutoff and resonance for e.) and not the notes into computerbased sequencer like Ableton Live(using midi in/out), so that you can edit f.e. filtersweeps about 16 bars in Ableton and afterwards sending the CCs back to the MnM(which then plays the MnM-sequenced song with all the (ableton)automated CCs.
That would be a really nice way to use the full power of both sequencers(MnM&Live).
Sorry if it?s a stupid question, but I really like to know.

toxictobi :-o
Killer Beez
well, you can probably do that in multi trig mode with parameter locks. You can do anything with parameter locks if you spend a little time to tweak it out.

milkmansnd wrote:
ok - here is something rough to give you an idea:

http://www.elektron-users.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=4&lid=77

This rules. Really nice.
Go to top Post Reply