As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear UW ram machines (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: UW ram machines
Do most of you use the MnM internal sequencer or you DAW to sequence it's 6 tracks???? 19 Years, 2 Months ago
n/t
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Do most of you use the MnM internal sequencer or you DAW to sequence it's 6 tracks???? 19 Years, 2 Months ago
I use the internal sequencer. I love step sequencers. If you were the kind of person who liked to draw stuff on the screen, I could see using a DAW instead. I haven't run my SFX-60 in poly mode yet, but I could see using a DAW to sequence that, and maybe having the internal sequencer do parameter locks, since you can't do that over MIDI.

/Scott
Yoshi
Re: Do most of you use the MnM internal sequencer or you DAW to sequence it's 6 tracks???? 19 Years, 2 Months ago
i don't have a MnM but an MD that i use as my main midi sequencer. but because i don't get Live synced well i record separate loops of my instruments in Live clips and then arrange my tracks there. works quite well 'cause i can really mess things up with effect plug-in's and Live's automations.

now that i think of it, arranging whole tracks just work better for me in software than the MD's song sequencer mode. i need the better overview. on the other hand, sequencing separate loops and rough sketches of track arrangements is way more fun on the MD.
Cappy
Internal sequencer primarily. Take the audio into the DAW. Then use poly mode if need for chords.
Goomba
Both, but definitely favor the internal for it's own tracks.
UW ram machines 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Can someone please explain step by step how these work?
In the pdf it says see below for examples (talking about recording from decks), but there is no explanation below that!

I have RAM-R1 on track 9 and RAM-P1 on track 10. I have a trigger on the first step of track 9 and set the R1 params as follows:
MLEV = 0
MBAL = 0
ILEV = 0-63
iBAL = 0

I am routing some audio to the inputs and hit play. I would expect RAM-R1 to record 2 bars of audio because i have a trigger on step 1, but when I place a trigger on step 1 of track 10 (RAM-P1) I do not hear anything.

Anyone know where I'm screwing up?
Thanks,
grimley
Re: UW ram machines 18 Years, 10 Months ago
you need to have ILEV turned up in order to record the input. so you don't want it around 0 like you settings indicate. and turn IBAL up if you don't want the input to be in mono.

hope that helps! :-D
you need to have ILEV turned up in order to record the input. so you don't want it around 0 like you settings indicate. and turn IBAL up if you don't want the input to be in mono.

hope that helps! :-D
hey, first, place a step on ramrec track then turn up Ilev (volume to be recorded), if you wanna hear whats coming in to the input turn up cue1 on the ramrec machine. now, if you wanna hear what you just recorded only, turn down cue1 and turn up cue2 . go to ramplay track put in a step and you should be able to hear what you recorded and tweak it to another dimension
neonleg
Thanks guys!
I think I had an issue with routing in Cubase and not an issue with the RAM machines. Cool stuff.
-grimley
Go to top Post Reply