As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear MD just arrived and "hello" (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD just arrived and "hello"
MD just arrived and "hello" 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Jaisus!!!
Only got the SPS1-UW a couple of hours ago and I am just blown away! Got a great pattern going on here using several rom machines and 2 midi machines driving Junatik in Reaktor 5 with param locks for filter and env settings. Junatik is being fed back into the inputs on the MD and all kinds of craziness going on with fx and bit reduction on that track. I think the midi machines are fantastic but I have noticed a few glitches. Maybe time to install the new beta OS?
Anyway, just wanted to say hello. So far, the MD is much more than I hoped for.

Oh, and I want to give a shout out to Shawn at Analogue Haven for hooking me up. These guys bent over backwards for me and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for Elektron or other gear.
-grimley

http://grimleyj.home.comcast.net/
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re: MD just arrived and "hello" 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Welcome! I look forward to hearing your stuff, man. Yeah, you get what you pay for with Elektron stuff, I've found. Their sequencers are TIGHT! Your enthusiasm will not fall on deaf ears around hear, man.

Glad to have you.
Have fun!

cchocjr
Killer Beez
yes - welcome aboard!

Man, I remember when my machinedrum showed up for the first time, and the only thing I had heard were the demos and the hype on the internet. When I got it into my hands I was completely blown to pieces! Seriously, the company just fucking nails it!
yeah...welcome to tha club...
midi bugs are a hassle...still present in 1.29d.

and next time, order direct from elektron...cheaper! and probably quicker too! anyways, have fun.
Thanks guys!
Actually, I got it for $90 cheaper than Elektron's website, and it arrived in 4 days (Seattle)
Yeah, I upgraded to 1.29d but I've still noticed quite a few midi sequencing issues. Note param locks not working or affecting subsequent notes, missed notes etc.
I'm also having problems using an LFO to modulate a midi CC. I have CC1D mapped to filter cutoff and using the LFO to modulate the CC1V, the filter cutoff intermittently jumps all over the place making it impossilbe to get smooth transitions (and before you say it ... there are no param locks on CC1V).

Anyway, it's going to be a long night ... my poor girlfrined won't see me for weeks (actually she sent me a really funny DFilm the other day where her character was trying to have a conversation with me and all I would say was ahhhh ... machinedrum )!!!
-grimley
Hammer Bro
try setting the MD base channel to something outside the range of the midi machine channels you are using....might help.

and yes, my girl hates the sps-1uw
Cappy

grimley wrote:
Yeah, I upgraded to 1.29d but I've still noticed quite a few midi sequencing issues. Note param locks not working or affecting subsequent notes, missed notes etc.
I'm also having problems using an LFO to modulate a midi CC. I have CC1D mapped to filter cutoff and using the LFO to modulate the CC1V, the filter cutoff intermittently jumps all over the place making it impossilbe to get smooth transitions (and before you say it ... there are no param locks on CC1V).

Anyway, it's going to be a long night ... my poor girlfrined won't see me for weeks (actually she sent me a really funny DFilm the other day where her character was trying to have a conversation with me and all I would say was ahhhh ... machinedrum )!!!
-grimley

Please try and find some pattern that you can send to support@elektron and help us nail down if there are any MIDI bugs left! It might be bugs but it might also be MIDI out from the base channel interfearing as someone mentioned. thanks in advance if you help out! the faster we can get good reports the faster we can get everything working perfectly (although I hoped we were there already.
Go to top Post Reply