As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear is this a known bug in machinedrum OS? (midi machines) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: is this a known bug in machinedrum OS? (midi machines)
Hammer Bro
is this a known bug in machinedrum OS? (midi machines) 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi guys, using 1.29D on my SPS-1UW, trying to sequence a bassline with the midi machines controlling a rompler. there seems to be some strange behavior going on when I first load up the pattern/kit or when I first boot up. it seems to be ignoring the "natural" note value for the machine and gets stuck playing a note value that was assigned to a param-locked trig, even for notes which don't have param locks on them. I was able to make it go back to normal behavior by changing the "natural" note value away and then back to the original setting. seems like having a param lock on the first step of the pattern somehow confuses the MD such that it doesn't use the "natural" note setting for unlocked trigs. anybody know what I'm talking about here? Is this a known bug, or something new?
  The topic has been locked.
Kong
mr. applehead
Re: is this a known bug in machinedrum OS? (midi machines) 18 Years, 10 Months ago
hi
this bug has plagued the midi machines in the past and its very frustrating *howewver* it was addressed two updates ago and i havnt been able to get it to do this since i upgraded to UW. (the unlocked step following a locked one would play the same note as the locked one, subsequent steps would play the default note as indicated.) i cannot test what you say @ the moment im at work
i did notice a very similar problem in midi machines with the note LENGTH.. same symptoms you describe.. 1.29D perhaps you could double check that for me?
neonleg
Hammer Bro
Re: is this a known bug in machinedrum OS? (midi machines) 18 Years, 10 Months ago
hmmm...from a harmony central thread: apparently it might help if we set our machinedrum's base midi channel to something outside the range of the midi machines that we're using. I'm gonna try setting the range 13-16 and keep the midi machines on channels 1-4, and see if that avoids the "bug".
Go to top Post Reply