As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear My UW examples (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: My UW examples
Killer Beez
My UW examples 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi people,

I just got my MD UW Upgrade few days ago. I spent the weekend trying to load rockhard sampleset to UW. I want to make cool sampleset, what I can use a year or something without much changing them. This way I can make a most of them like I've done with the E12-machines. I love the creativity based on limited resources.

Anyway here is two examples I made quickly while trying out different samples. Notice that I've added a little reverb and compression on them (I wanted to see how they sound polished).

Uw test
The pad is coming from Mono, rest (including the bass) is coming from UW.

Uw test2
Again pad is coming from mono, everything else from MD.

I'm very satisfied with UW but can't yet even imagine what cool stuff I'm going to write with this thing. I hope these clips inspires somebody for UW. :-D

Toni.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re: My UW examples 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Next time use the search funtion. I had started a similair topic a while ago for uw demo's to prevent that everybody would create a topic for their demo's....
Cappy
very nice, toni!
sounds fab.
Boo
Very nice Toni. Aspecialy the second demo rocks.

You might wanna post a full track once you finish one!
Chain Chomp
Very nice. I like the second sample especially. Has a nice jazzy drill-n-bass feel to it ala Plug, Squarepusher (when he's taken his sedative), etc.

I so want a UW, but won't be able to afford it for some time. (Single tear rolls down my cheek as soft, somber violin solo fades in).

cchocjr
Hammer Bro
interesting that you are looking to put samples in there and use them for a year. that seems like a great sound-design challenge. in practice, I have been loading new samples into my UW for each new kit or track that I start. it's kind of a pain, but it helps force me to record something tangible before moving on to another project (since I have to overwrite samples often).

sounds good, another vote for #2.
Killer Beez
these kick ass - great work! Now I really friggin want to upgrade my MD... I hope we get another chance to upgrade then I am all over this shit!
Killer Beez
Thanks people for listening the clips. As for the year use of samples; I've owned the classic MD for couple of years and used E12-machines a lot. At the start I sure felt like I could use another snare sound, but as I move along I found that knowing my samples inside-out helped me in search of different kind of sounds. They become like a roadmap, where I know extacly what is coming after this and that corner. So I kind a gain more control to my sound from limited resources. With UW-upgrade I'm also feeling a painfull growing to know my samples from inside out. I feel I have to change couple of them, because they don't feel so rich as a starting point as I expected, but I'm getting my rocksolid sample set where it should be. :-D

By the way, I collected 150 Mb of samples before my UW came. Real bitch job trying to choose the best of them.
Kong
mr. applehead
these sound very slick.. nice one toni, have you loaded some loops or just oneshots? i just was loading some samples last night.. i edited a whole bunch of oneshot SUNSYN PWM sounds and strung them together in soundforge with short muted spaces between them. so for one ROM slot = twenty samples all available with parameter locked start & end points.. heaps of fun! then for madness tweaking CRTL ALL start/end sends it to the moon
Killer Beez

neonleg wrote:
Have you loaded some loops or just oneshots?

On these two tests I've only used oneshots. At the end of rom-machines I have couple of loops, but haven't done much with them yet.
Go to top Post Reply