As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:New Monomachine Machine Explanations? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:New Monomachine Machine Explanations?
Goomba
Re:New Monomachine Machine Explanations? 15 Years, 9 Months ago
this is probably a dumb question but I am having a hard time deciding between a used Mk1 version or this new MK11 version of the monomachine.So lets see if I have this straight (already went thru the manual) in the MK11 version we can ad waveforms? Is this kind of like the sample waveforms we have available on the UW version of the machinedrums or am I completely wrong. I didnt read anything about the new monomachine having ram like the machinedrum UW does, so can we not add our own sounds to it? I know that in the Machinedrum UW we can add our own sounds(samples) to the mix. Is this the same thing that the Monomachine MK11 is capable of? Please de-confuse this newbie!

The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
No its not like the UW, it is for very small single cycle waveforms to use as oscillators which can then be mixed/interpolated between, however this does give the machine a new palette of sounds - more so than you'd first imagine.
Goomba
but isnt there already a random feature for oscillators in the normal monomachine? Doesnt this allow for the drawing of all types of lfos already by itself? Just wondering since I dont have a monomachine myself......YET.
Go to top Post Reply