As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs New Science Labs request! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New Science Labs request!
Admin
New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 8 Months ago
New Science Labs are imminent. Taking request!!!

If you're not familar with the Labs concept, check it here: Science Labs

"...The goal of the Lab is for you to dig deeper into your Elektron gear by focusing on a specific aspect of the machine, such as a single synth engine, a particular technique, or a small set of samples. Labs are open to all with Elektron gear. All you need to have is the Elektron unit and to be registered on the site. ..."
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 8 Months ago
FM & EFM lab

Edit: MD and MnM users welcome

2nd Edit: 4 bars of FM Machines. We vote on a top five. Then the winners of the top five participate in a Remix contest. The only elements that can be used are the top five loops.

3rd Edit: The remix is a completed track no longer than 3 minutes in length. The sysex will be made available as well as a 24 Bit wav. The remix contest could be a manipulation of the original sysex files in their respective machines or a slice and dice mash-up of sorts.

The winner gets a free Sid Station yeah right!!!

I don't know.... the winner gets bragging rights and their forum status will be changed to "FM Sensai"
Chain Chomp
Input Machines
Cappy
Remix with ram, maybe ?
Let's say we all start with the same pattern, and then do a remix/tweaking with the ram machines.
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
I'm really happy to see the science lab thing come back. I have really wanted to participate in one ever since I first saw this site. Of course, my luck dictates that I have 2 weeks of 12 hours a day studying to do right when the science lab ideas start going again

If the lab is still open when I am done with the exam, I'll try and submit something!

- Nick
Cappy
all percussive track on the mono? or all melody on the md?
Admin
this post is in response to a couple of users suggesting teams:

this sounds fun but i'm trying to imagine how we would do teams. i don't mean like picking them but would it be like, x vs. x but everyone each team member has do the same Lab, then tally the votes per submission. which ever team gets the most votes, per their individuals, wins?

i dunno. cause ultimately we want everyone to do their own Lab, that's kinda the goal...just thinking about how to do it. also, do we pick team captains or do we randomize so no one feels like it's dodgeball again and they're not getting picked.

---

original thread > HERE
1. Best 1 minute track.
2. "Cover" a known song. (You could extend this idea in any number of ways.)
3. MD-only: best emulation of another drum machine (808, 606, etc.--syx is mandatory here.)
Boo
MKI vs MKII
Chain Chomp
ambient tracks please

or, "it came from the 80's!"

Go to top Post Reply