As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Movable shelf for MM/MD? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Movable shelf for MM/MD?
Movable shelf for MM/MD? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Greetings all - my first post.

For those who have an established playing area, how did you physically fit the MM into your setup?

Right now, I have it mounted on a tall movable stand (originally built for my Micron). If the perfect world, I would like to find a quality articulated arm with a positionable shelf at the end to hold the MM. Nothing fancy, just the kind you'd see at the dentist's office. I want to be able to grab the MM and position it "right here" at any given time. Power, midi, and audio cables will be tied down to the arm.

Any ideas?
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Movable shelf for MM/MD? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I just put mine on my desk or keyboard stand, but it's the center of my rig, which is pretty minimal, regardless. If you come up with anything, let us know. I'm sure people will be interested.
Killer Beez
I have a steel plate attatched through my abdomen into my spine, which the monomachine is welded to. Yeah, its a permenant fusion between man and machine, and a bit painful at times, but its worth it!
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
I was wondering what the Mono manual specifically meant about 'man-machine potential'.
Goomba

milkmansnd wrote:
I have a steel plate attatched through my abdomen into my spine, which the monomachine is welded to. Yeah, its a permenant fusion between man and machine, and a bit painful at times, but its worth it!

So you'll have to ship yourself for the UW upgrade???
Hammer Bro
I have a naked Romanian acrobat girl hanging upside down from my studio's ceiling, holding the MD at the perfect height for live use. She's good friends with my SidStation hunchback.
Killer Beez
heh - yeah, I thought the user wave upgrade meant making the user part of the machine
you guys are so helpful! I like the Romanian naked acrobat girl one the best!

anyway, why not try something like this? seems like you could position it fairly easily anyway. I'm assuming by the way that you have the SFX-60 and not the SFX-6; that thing is a damn BEAST! but the beauty of the SFX-60 is that its so portable. it's found a special place with me on my lap, while sitting on the couch
Killer Beez
on a serious note - you can probably mount it to a monitor arm - its not very heavy, so even a cheaper one should be ok. I see them discarded often from old businesses and computer tech places. That would stay wherever you drag it - no problem.

I just move my 60 around where-ever, since its so small. Right now its in the same area with the other gear that I am using for my show in a few weeks. But after that, I will probably just put it back next to my MD where it belongs. I usually keep my oxy midi keyboard nearby, so that I can program on the fly. The MD MnM and o2 fit nicely on a piece of wood, which can be set onto a keyboard stand - I usually get the rubbermaid brand closet shelves, which are made to look like wood - but are actually not. They are rugged, and cheap, and available at any hardware store. In fact, I use one on a keyboard stand for my computer keyboard as well - and its currently got my MD and evolver on it as well.

Everything I own is on keyboard stands with these little pieces of wood - its pretty funny actually :-D
Killer Beez
This might not help you, but I thought I might as well share this thing. As most of people I keep my synths on table, but again like most of people I own a computer which is kind of on the same table; keyboard and monitor namely. I bought the cordless keyboard and mouse. They are very handy; I can throw the keyboard off from table and quickly assign the 100% of tabletop for my Sfx-6. Also it helps on concentrate on synths rather than the computer. The computertime is another time. Highly recomended. (I've also installed the actual computerbox to the other room; no noise, wonderfull.)
Go to top Post Reply