As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Isn't it possible to upgrade MD's to UW anymore? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Isn't it possible to upgrade MD's to UW anymore?
Goomba
Isn't it possible to upgrade MD's to UW anymore? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi,
the topic says it all!
When i login onto my friend-page, there isn't any offer!
So, is it sold out? Don't they do offer this update anymore, even for an higher price?
Uuugh, that would be bad, didn't thought that it is limited like that (if it is...)
Stefan
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: Isn't it possible to upgrade MD's to UW anymore? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I thought they were doing it in small batches. I really hope they offer it again, I'd like to update mine at some point this summer if its still possible.
King Koopa
Yes they will(thought after the summer break), although the friend offer is not valid anymore. Upgrades will cost 500 euro from now. Also they stated that the upgrades won't be carryd out forever.

I guess the upgrades take up some of their time, and they also need to make new products
Goomba
Thanks for your answers, in the meanwhile Daniel was answering and told me the same.
I know, i was a bit late.
Reason was that i bought the Spectralis, which got also a very nice and musical sampleengine.
But now, after all your compliments about the UW, i have the feeling to get the UW as well (got nothing to do with Spectralis, which is still the most used instrument in my studio at the moment).
Anyhow,
it looks all existing MD-Owners, which like to get this update, have to quick, when it appears on elektrons webpage.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
How is the Spektralis treating you? It looked like an interesting machine.
Goomba

glaive wrote:
How is the Spektralis treating you? It looked like an interesting machine.

mhm, where shall i start?
First at all i should mention that the OS is not completly finished yet, but as it is now, you can run a complete production on it, well, depence on your music...
The hybrid synth is fat and you can produce characterfull sounds. The filterbank is fantastic, specially when you sequence it.
The Sequencer is something special, it got diffrent modies, so you are able to have a gridsequencer, as well as something like the tb303, also a realtimeseq. ( i suggest to look at species website for details.)
The samplemanagment works easy via USB and it got enough flash memory to hold a lot of diffrent drums or SynthWaves. There is an conversiontool to make your own SpectralisBanks from Waves or Soundfonts. Also the two SM-Slots are helpfull, i use two 128MB-SM-Cards with it.
If you work with Spectralis, you will like that you can use the 16 poties also as an mixer for volume, pan or fx-sent.
So it is one of the interfaces, on which the developers took a lot of time to think of. It is very logical, but also so much to explore.
Don't get me wrong if i don't give a final result about Spectralis until OS1. It is working fine at the moment, but not everything implemented now, so it will be better and better and they are working hard on it.
But i like to say, that i can recommend this instrument already to everyone which like elektron instruments and classic analog style synth's!
Goomba
I echo the feelings on the speckie. I just got one last week for a steal from a guy who bought it only two weeks ago (too much synth for him) so it was like getting a brand new one for almost $1000 less than analog havens new ones (which is where he bought it). Like it has been pointed out, the OS has a ways to go but the developer is very helpful and honest on the capabilities and timetables for new features. When version 1.0 is finally finished (anticipated for late july or august) this machine will become legendary (much like our beloved elektrons) mark my words. They are really taking the music box concept to a new level and the post 1.0 plans are even more spectacular and include: REX import and loop slicing, the ability to use the speckie as an audio/midi interface via the USB2 port (much like the new Vsynth and roland TI only faster). The USB 2 port also make backing up your work and transferring samples a much faster and more enjoyable experience. All this and I haven't even got to the sound. The analog hybrid monosynth (all digital oscillators, a 12db analog filter (lp,hp, & bp) and a 24 analog db filter sounds amazing. You can run the filters in a series or parrallel which is cool as hell and then after that hit the 10 band filterbank for complete madness. The dsp polysynth takes care of your pads, and ancillary leads etc and you can really mangle sounds even with the minor parameters available now (this section will be fully developed at 1.0 and a manglers dream). As far as the drum machine beat matrix, I have not gotten there yet (hey-I've only had it three days) but will chime in with my impressions soon. The developer is a pretty sick programmer (musically) so he has some preset patterns and motifs that are killer and take advantage of the available features. I can't wait to hear what this thing will do at v1.0. I highly recommend taking a look at the nova music open boxes that are $1999 (which I was looking into before I got this killer deal) before everyone wants one and they are all $2500 again. This machine is cool as hell and getting better every day.

Mark
Go to top Post Reply