As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Posting stupid idiot threads (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Posting stupid idiot threads
King Koopa
Re:Posting stupid idiot threads 15 Years, 10 Months ago
papertiger wrote:
I've deleted the thread so that it won't show up in search results.

Please, everyone, think before you post. I don't think anyone in this community wants to see the forum deteriorate into something like many of the other music forums out there.

Thanks,

M

thats why i'm here.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
we're a forum half-way house for those recovering from battered and abused forum activity. welcome friend you're amongst good company here.
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
papertiger wrote:
I've deleted the thread so that it won't show up in search results.

Please, everyone, think before you post. I don't think anyone in this community wants to see the forum deteriorate into something like many of the other music forums out there.

This response from I comes correct with all due respect.....

I think the only degradation within the forum here is the seriousness coming from the amateur musicians here.

Making music is supposed to be fun. So is socialization within communities as such. The moment it goes "wanta-be-ego-rockstar-poo", the fun goes away. I could understand if this were a post germ warfare forum, maybe to find the next clean river. Maybe a medical forum for brain surgeons? I guess thats where misinformation would not be a laughing matter (lobotomy anyone¿?)

Once the fun goes away, what do you have? The jokers should learn from this, seriously learn from this day, and bring this back to the cliché days of "yo momma"...

Maybe we could (as a community!) even make this day, today, a national elektron-users.com holiday in remembering the hope that went face down in the rice patties! For all the synapse that misfired on the battlefield of the WWW ever so nervously awaiting that OS. For all the hope and reconfigurations of midi / turbo midi boxes anxiously connected to upgrade that monomachine, All the preemptive creations and drawings of "user waveforms" that perished in the line of duty! And all the surge protectors that were moved to bring that box closer to the home computer...

Today is your day!

Today we give thanks!

Today is a day we will remember!!!!!!

... well maybe not...
Cappy
I read the OS post, it wasn't that funny, but it wasn't offensive or anything. The fact that it was posted is no big deal the fact that it got deleted is not the end of the world.

If posts are dumb then few people respond and they sink. No need to chop off heads.
Admin
That's precisely why I deleted your thread -- because people have been, are and continue to wait with eager anticipation for the new Monomachine OS. There's an entire thread on it. Starting a new thread which falsely states the OS was released doesn't help anyone and just annoys users. The alleged seriousness of amateur or professional musicians on this forum has nothing to do with it.

I'm done with this issue. Don't do it again.

M
Hammer Bro
11hzrobot wrote:
I read the OS post, it wasn't that funny, but it wasn't offensive or anything. The fact that it was posted is no big deal the fact that it got deleted is not the end of the world.

If posts are dumb then few people respond and they sink. No need to chop off heads.

Hammer Bro
papertiger wrote:
That's precisely why I deleted your thread -- because people have been, are and continue to wait with eager anticipation for the new Monomachine OS. There's an entire thread on it. Starting a new thread which falsely states the OS was released doesn't help anyone and just annoys users. The alleged seriousness of amateur or professional musicians on this forum has nothing to do with it.

I'm done with this issue. Don't do it again.

M

Ok daddy me promis not to be not so serius ever again.
Admin
no one is saying don't have fun. there's all kinds of jokes and hijinx found around these parts, and no one is chopping anyones head off.

if you read the board consistently you know that fun is had here, and you'd also know that this board isn't heavily moderated. have fun but in good taste and where it's appropriate. are you really surprised that folks would be disappointed by your spoof OS thread?

it's also good to keep in mind what you find humorous isn't globally accepted as funny. personally i think pervy topics*, crude, and rather explicit things are hilarious but i also know that that's not for everyone and nor is everyone wrong when they don't find my humor funny.

it's not a big deal. PaperTiger dropped the spoof thread for a reasonable reason, there's no need to make it a war or something it's not.

it's sunday, go outside, breathe, enjoy living. as the board says, "have fun, and be cool!" it's a one-two combo.

*best thing about this thread is i was able to tell the everyone publicly i like pervy things
Hammer Bro
/
jsrockit wrote:
Trying to turn this place into VSE.com?
Admin
xibalba wrote:
jsrockit wrote:
Trying to turn this place into VSE.com?