As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Elektron Console (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Elektron Console
Cappy
Elektron Console 18 Years, 10 Months ago
If anyone is looking for a serious case solution for the MD and MnM SFX-60, here is my current live rig:

http://obliq.net/guestftp/elektron_console1.jpg
http://obliq.net/guestftp/elektron_console2.jpg

It's all self-contained including a power conditioner stored inside underneath the Elektrons. Really fast to setup at shows (removable lid). The case is heavy duty and made for touring.

http://www.roadreadycases.com
Model number: RRM19R

The mixer sitting next to it is in an identical case.

Notice how close together the Elektrons are, spaced only by 1U blank panel. I did this so I had room for other gear on the same rack, such as a rack light. Minus the rack light there is room for another 2U rack unit up top like an effects processor that is shallow in depth (no more than 5 inches deep).

To get the Elektrons that close, I used right-angle adapters on my 8-channel snake, and special midi cables with right-angle connections.

The only drawback to this case solution is it is really heavy once you put the lid on, power conditioner, wall-warts, etc. But that is the price you pay for industrial strength protection of your Elektrons.

You could probably do the same solution with the SKB pop-up mixer case too (a bit lighter) but I personally don't like those cases very much.

cheers,
nate
http://obliq.net
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: Elektron Console 18 Years, 10 Months ago
....that's just f***ing sexy.
Killer Beez
yeah dude - right on!

I have been thinking of a similar solution for when I play out more often - however, the rest of my gear is tabletop, so I was thinking of getting just a mixer case and some velcro for the second case. I have a road ready combo case for my mixer and a few other things - they are really usable cases, and inexpensive for the quality!

oh - welcome to the board!!! :-D
Goomba
So solid -- that's an ingenious solution. Is that mixer case small enough to carry-on a plane?
King Koopa
dude, That's hot. Although i don't like them mounted in the case. I usually take my MD to bed.(tweaking before i go to sleep) So in that case it would be no option.
Boo

MokBor wrote:
I usually take my MD to bed

You perv! :-D
King Koopa
I expected that awnser My status shouls say elektron-perv instead of elektron-guru.
Boo

MokBor wrote:
I expected that awnser My status shouls say elektron-perv instead of elektron-guru.

Well i agree there's some major comfort and inspiration in some bedtime sequencing. I am however the type of persom that suddenly falls asleep. That is the exact reason i don't do the same. To afraid to damage my expensive MD!
King Koopa
OT: Well i have a big sleeping disorder so falling a sleep has never happend to me. Usually when i go to bed i need to lay there for 2 hours before i actually fall to sleep. you don't want to know how that is. Imagine when you want to sleep but just can't fall in sleep. I have that almost every day...
I have strong medication for it although i don't like that so i rather have smoke pot before i go to bed That works just as good as the medication...

But i agree bed inpiration is good. (although im still learning all machines so it's more experimenting now)
King Koopa
What did the solution cost btw?
Go to top Post Reply