As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear monomachine hung frequent notes (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: monomachine hung frequent notes
monomachine hung frequent notes 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I frequently see hung notes on my SFX-6.

I will program a sequence on a track and notice that it is portamentoing to the same note when there is no note trigger on a step, and then I can see the LED above the stuck note is on above the keyboard note, but there is no way to stop the note. It is note usually even a note that I have been programming and it will be on a different octave (usually a C note I believe)

The only solution is to switch tracks and then the note stops. Has anyone else experienced this? I see it fairly often.

cheers
ripe
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: monomachine hung frequent notes 18 Years, 10 Months ago
well, we just discussed this in this thread:

http://www.elektron-users.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=381&forum=1

and decided that the sequencer does not automatically input note off - you need to put the note off info in yourself by holding function and hitting a step, which makes a yellow LED light - that signifies note off.

Or, you can do what I was doing before which is to tweak the Release and Decay until the notes become more staccato or to taste.
Re: monomachine hung frequent notes 18 Years, 10 Months ago
No, I don't think this is it. The hung note is usually *completely* unrelated to notes that are actually entered in the sequence. Also the notes unstick when I come back to the sequence track.

cheers
ripe
Go to top Post Reply