As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear OS X MPC Emulator (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OS X MPC Emulator
Admin
OS X MPC Emulator 18 Years, 10 Months ago
So finally someone has created an MPC emulator thats pretty dead on. i've only tinkered with it for about 5 minutes but i'm really pretty impressed so far.

http://homepage.mac.com/seishu/ssworks/RS16X.html

:-D

peace
actuel
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re: OS X MPC Emulator 18 Years, 10 Months ago
That's pretty badass! I wonder what sort of midi implementation is currently supported. I see some basic 'recieve' stuff, but no documentation about midi note numbers, etc. With standard MIDI stuff, this could be a pretty bad-assed partner to the MD or MNM for non-drum or more drum samples.

It even as a 'note repeat' function. Sweet! If this thing can eventually communicate with a MIDI interface, such as a MicroKontrol or a Trigger Finger, then it will be an MPC killer (if you have OSX :-D )!

cchocjr
Boo
I doubt software would kill the MPC off completely, but the following VSTi's certainly have cut into the MPC market:

? Native Instruments Battery
? Native Instruments Battery 2
? Spectrasonics Stylus RMX
? Linplug RM IV
? Waldorf Attack
? FXpansion DR-008
? Steinberg LM-4
Chain Chomp
Of course...just getting a little carried away.

cchocjr
Killer Beez
these pieces of software are a lot cheaper than whats on that list.

I notice that they have an MPC .PGM maker program as well - I hope it imports the file type that recycle exports because MPC pad 187 does not do this - whereas the PC version "Bluebox" does
Admin

milkmansnd wrote:
these pieces of software are a lot cheaper than whats on that list.

I notice that they have an MPC .PGM maker program as well - I hope it imports the file type that recycle exports because MPC pad 187 does not do this - whereas the PC version "Bluebox" does

....i haven't checked that out yet. man, i've been wating/hoping for a MpcPad187 upgrade for some time. it's great program but it could definitely employ some pretty important changes.

oh...well. it works for now. :-D
Killer Beez
from the designer of MPC pad 187:

I just got a new job and am moving to California, so I won't be working on the program for a long time. Maybe sometime next year or two...

Stephen

so, I would not count on those important changes happening anytime soon
Chain Chomp
Thanks for the info. This looks interesting. Just saw the 1000 for the first time. It's been a few years since I touched the old 2000. I sold it.

This'll probably work good with those two pad velocity controllers I saw. The original akai controller and I believe the m-audio? one.
Go to top Post Reply