As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure?
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? 15 Years, 11 Months ago
I've had the same experience so far. For instance, I just realized the other night that you could quickly reload the kit, so that opened up a whole world of live tweaking for me. As Actuel says, these are incredibly deep boxes. Can't wait to get my hands on the Mono.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
actuel wrote:
augustus green wrote:
can the monomachine do this as well? what about the other trick to manipulate all the tracks while hoding the function key and turning a knob?

no, but it's a highly requested feature. be sure to email them with another request

yeah so i just read that it does the pattern chaining but i guess it doesn't allow for the multi-param tweak. i will email. especially since i am actually purchasing a monomachine in the very near future and i loved this about the machinedrum.
Chain Chomp
The MnM has the joystick function, when you set this up on the sf6 it adds the sort of dimension you get from the func+encoder, of course it's not the same deal, but you get another performance from the kits.

I'd like to see the Func+encoder functionality on the MnM though.
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
Nick the Zombie wrote:
Can't wait to get my hands on the Mono.

Yeah judging by your dubstep tune your new stuff with the Mono will be sick.

I pretty much got both MD and MnM at the same time, so figuring them both out is a process. Great fun though.
King Koopa
Cheers Who knows when I'm going to be able to do much of anything music-releated, though. I'm currently studying for the bar exam and trying to finish a series of video tutorials (and whip them into shape so that they can be sold), so time is just so limited right now. Bar exam + trying to start a business = miserable.

Sorry for the OT, just had to bitch about that.

- Nick
Just wanted to add some clarity on the pattern linking feature. You can in fact link more than 2 patterns together to create a longer phrase in pattern mode. This is great for breaking out of the 2 - 4 bar structure. Simply hold down the bank button of choice and at the same time hold down as many pattern selection buttons as you want (I tested it up to 8 but it looks like you could do more.)

If you start with empty patterns this will give you a longer pattern to work with. Hit record and you can record through all the pattern changes.
King Koopa
Another nice thing about this is that if you are putting together patterns in anticipation of using them in song mode, you can use the pattern linking feature to test out how they will sound one after the other without having to open up song edit all the time.

- Nick
Game & Watch
I've been bitching about two bars forever here... I can't believe nobody brought it up. Everyone, please don't assume I know anything... I'm a blockhead. I'm glad Megawatt decided to mention it. After way too many years of making music, I'm still just a beginner...probably always will be. The good thing is that I chose to stick with the Elektrons (unlike everything else), so I can just keep learning from my foolish mistakes whenever someone brings up good stuff here.
Cappy
even the old Roland XoX box have this feature.....
Game & Watch
Delete.
Go to top Post Reply