As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure?
Game & Watch
Re:Cool Trick? Possibly new? Not sure? 15 Years, 11 Months ago
papertiger wrote:
you and me JS -- although I've moved on to 4 bar loops, I don't get the newfangled switching back and forth. I never got it to work properly. probably because i'm old and stupid too.

I'd be working in 4 bars as well except that the Elektrons only offer 2 bars of 1/32 res.
  The topic has been locked.
jsrockit wrote:
papertiger wrote:
you and me JS -- although I've moved on to 4 bar loops, I don't get the newfangled switching back and forth. I never got it to work properly. probably because i'm old and stupid too.

I'd be working in 4 bars as well except that the Elektrons only offer 2 bars of 1/32 res.

Have you considered holding a few buttons down and linking two patterns together to make 4 bars? It's opened a nice world for me... Isn't it also possible to link more than 2 patterns together in pattern mode? Not meant to sound snippy...just trying to help and learn...

I've just been digging into song mode more. WOW> Turn those 2 bars into madness.
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com

I've just been digging into song mode more. WOW> Turn those 2 bars into madness.

So much rearranging potential with song mode + live tweaks.
Game & Watch
megawatt wrote:
jsrockit wrote:

Have you considered holding a few buttons down and linking two patterns together to make 4 bars? It's opened a nice world for me... Isn't it also possible to link more than 2 patterns together in pattern mode? Not meant to sound snippy...just trying to help and learn...

Tell me the button combo and I'll start doing it. If I can get 4 bars of 1/32 resolution, that I can build on without constantly hitting buttons, on both the MD and MnM in pattern mode, I'm all for it. I hope you don't mean just manually going back and forth between say, A04 and A05 by pressing buttons. However, if I can get A04 to run into A05 and then loop back to A04 without pressing buttons each time, in pattern mode, please tell me how. Also, I am perfectly content with making two bar loops... so it's not a big deal. The only thing I'd do with 4 bars is change the beat a little on the last 2 bars. I'm a looper, not a tweaker, what can I say.
Chain Chomp
That would be pressing both the keys at once, i.e. hold down A + 1 + 2 gives you patterns A01+A02 flip flopping (not sure if that's the technical term but I have been trying to use it in a sentence all day).
King Koopa
Sound Design and Creative Audio Manipulation in Ableton Live
http://sounddesigntutorials.com
From page 37 in the MD manual:

-----------

PATTERN CHAINING
You can use pattern chaining to cue up patterns to be played after each other in a loop, like
a simple live sequencer for patterns. In PATTERN mode, hold a [BANK] button and then
press the [TRIG] keys corresponding to the patterns you want to chain. The patterns will be
chained in the order you select them. It is only possible to chain patterns from one bank,
and each pattern may only be chained once. Chaining is indicated by a double arrow
between the current and the next pattern.

-----------

I use this function to do exactly what you are wanting to do, Jsrockit. Enjoy!

- Nick

EDIT: Monofever beat me to it
King Koopa
can the monomachine do this as well? what about the other trick to manipulate all the tracks while hoding the function key and turning a knob?
Admin
augustus green wrote:
can the monomachine do this as well? what about the other trick to manipulate all the tracks while hoding the function key and turning a knob?

no, but it's a highly requested feature. be sure to email them with another request
Admin
btw, reading this thread and all the little goodies tucked into the Elektron OS:es makes me such a happy little user. brilliant boxes. deep deep deep
Game & Watch
Nice...thanks for your help guys. Will this method work in record mode as well? If so, that's beautiful... makes me wish I would have known this with my MKI. Sometimes you read the manual when you first get a machine and everything doesn't stick...then you only read the manul when you want the machine to do something you know it can do, but you can't remember how to do it. Then, there are times like this when you don't even think to look at the manual because you assume it can't do it. Oh well, the good thing is that I know it now. I just can't believe this never happened on accident.
Go to top Post Reply