As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear anybody else use a proteus 2k or other rompler? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: anybody else use a proteus 2k or other rompler?
Hammer Bro
anybody else use a proteus 2k or other rompler? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
just picked up a proteus 2k for a good deal on ebay...

in the 4 or 5 years of playing with electronic sounds, I never even considered using a rompler, but now I realized that I too frequently get lost just tweaking cool sounds and patterns on one of my deep-ass synths (nord modular, SPS-1uw), and don't actually record anything listenable! so I added the rompler hoping to use it to actually compose a concrete arrangement, then use the deepness in a more directed manner

anybody feel me on this one? what romplers do you guys like, and how do they integrate with your creative process?
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re: anybody else use a proteus 2k or other rompler? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
I own the Emu PK6 which has the proteus card. Also have the Techno Synth card installed. The presets are kinda weak so these also require tweaking. I'm kind of a noob but it integrates well with the other gear. Being cramped for space I cannot leave the board connected for extended periods. Will make time to use it to control the MnM/60 real soon.
Hammer Bro
Re: anybody else use a proteus 2k or other rompler? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
update: got the proteus 2000 all set up. it sounds pretty good, a little dated but usable for "bread and butter", accents, pads, stabs, keys, cheesy quasi-realistic sounds, some weak strings, a few interesting drums, good percussion. The engine seems pretty deep but good lord, it is a pain in the ass to edit! there are about 8000 menu pages for preset editing. I had no luck finding any PC editor, either. I'll leave it in the rack for a bit, but I think I'll mostly have to use the existing presets cuz building fresh ones from scratch takes forever. Maybe I'm just spoiled by good UI on my elektron gear!
Go to top Post Reply