As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge #1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: #1 Elektron fanboy
Chain Chomp
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 11 Years, 10 Months ago
Opuswerk! Nice collection of kit and great interview too. Great to hear dBridge is an influence, I really dig his stuff and check his DJ sets as much as possible. You gonna be releasing something on Exit soon then....
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I've got a new setup. For a little alias of mine. Pretty simple. I've been recording to both DAT and cassette at the same time. I think this might end up as a cassette release. Just have to sort through all the recordings. I've got about 3.5 hours worth right now.

Mpc2500
Md
Mnm
X0xb0x
Bassstation
Magicstomp
Phase 90
Memory toy
Haunting mids fuzz
Rev-5
King Koopa
www.soundcloud.ch/opuswerk
www.opuswerk.ch

Kit:
MD MKII UW
Vermona MonoLancet
Vermona Retroverb MKI
uWave XT
MKS70
Strymon El Capistan
NI Maschine
Bongsau wrote:
Opuswerk! Nice collection of kit and great interview too. Great to hear dBridge is an influence, I really dig his stuff and check his DJ sets as much as possible. You gonna be releasing something on Exit soon then....

I wish i would . I still have to up my dnb game by quite a bit before that ever happens
Subtle studio changes once more, this time I've finally got around to buying some acoustic foam for the A7's, the change in sound quality was quite noticable. At the moment the foam makes the monitors sit just a little to low to allow the tweeters to point directly towards my ears, so I put some books underneath the foam to elevate, did not notice any difference to putting the foam diretly on the table so I guess it's ok?

And don't laugh, but lacking the funds to buy good bass traps I'm experimenting with using cheap pillows instead... My table is pretty crowded, so there is only about 5-6 cm of space between the monitors and the pillow on one monitor, and about 2 cm on the second one.. Hoping to find a better/more permanent solution later on.

Monomachine is currently not making friends with anything lately, so even tho she is a beauty and I've had her for longer than anything else in this picture, I am once again thinking about sacrificing digital pad/atmosphere beauty to start funding an analog monster in a modular system.. choices choices!
those pillows aren't doing anything. if the ports were on the rear of the cabinet then i'd say they'd be muffling your ports but they're on the front so there is likely no effect at all.. though might suck up some vibrations or something. bass traps should be big and in the corners of the room etc..

nice set up though.

TrondC wrote:

And don't laugh, but lacking the funds to buy good bass traps I'm experimenting with using cheap pillows instead... My table is pretty crowded, so there is only about 5-6 cm of space between the monitors and the pillow on one monitor, and about 2 cm on the second one.. Hoping to find a better/more permanent solution later on.

Boo
Opuswerk wrote:
oldgearguy wrote:
Here's the relevant section of my setup:

(I left it undusted for that authentic basement look)

this looks pretty amazing...
How do you find the cirklon? what do you sequence with it? and why 2 octatracks?

2OTs to get 8 channels of separate processing. Also, I find that sometimes even though I save everything, tracks sound different after a power down and such. With a second machine I can just use other tracks on machine 2 without having to worry about copying and saving parts, tracks, and such.

The Cirklon sequences everything, either with direct MIDI info or sync via MIDI clock, DIN sync, and it also controls the Pro One and MiniMoog via cv/gate. Basically, it is essential.
Ignatius: allright, I've just seen many a picture of speakers set up in corners with a pillow or something similar behind them so I thought I'd give it a go
TrondC wrote:
Ignatius: allright, I've just seen many a picture of speakers set up in corners with a pillow or something similar behind them so I thought I'd give it a go

ya never know until you try!
King Koopa
mrsurga.tumblr.com
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 11 Years, 9 Months ago
Octatrack and TouchOSC as a portable DJ solution... a very fun combo

Yoshi
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 11 Years, 9 Months ago
Testing new setup:

Go to top Post Reply