As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge #1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: #1 Elektron fanboy
Yoshi
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 6 Months ago

eminor9 wrote:

enapa wrote:
Allright, i didnt reflect that you might be sitting, i always stand making musik...

Know what you mean, that's why I got this ergonomical chair that is half sitting and half standing (compare the position as sitting on a bouncing ball), wouldn't want to sit on an office chair when making music.

i really should get something more ergonomical... my crappy office chair is killing my back
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 6 Months ago
Divi, you can get a triangular shaped inflatable cushion that will drastically improve your position and relieve your back. It looks silly but actually it helps. You can find them at one of those stores specialized in ergonomic furniture and it is actually much cheaper than an ergonomic chair (only 33 eur).
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 5 Months ago
I've spent a lot of 2006 as a transient, so I'm really happy to get my studio back in order. There's still a lot of wiring to do, but here is Chez Syncretic, in four parts:

Recording. An Athlon, nice enough LCD, Radikal Technologies SAC 2.2, Evolver {it needed to go somewhere} and a Peavey PC1600x. The mic is a cheap old Shure thing that I use for vocoder work.

Experiments. Largely taken up by a bent system purchased from Allerian earlier this year, but here's where piezo tricks, soldering and general screwing around with gadgets I find take place. I sold that copy of Cubase. I knew I should have stuck with Samplitude.

Effects {and interfaces, both MIDI and audio}. Rockman Stereo Echo, Big Briar MuRF, FMR Really Nice Compressor, a suite of Blacet modules recently acquired in a trade {goodbye, Mutator}, with more to come, Sony DPS-v77, Ensoniq DP/Pro, modded RME Fireface 800 and modded Creamware A16 Ultra. The MIDI interface is an Edirol UM-880.

Finally, performance, which is the beginning of composition, these days. My beloved Elektrons, a Signal Arts MAPS and a Korg Legacy Collection controller that had to go somewhere.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to treating the room acoustically - I'd rather use a friend's space and ears for mixing and detailed work, since I'm not very good at either.

Life is good.

milkmansnd wrote:
the box directly under the mixer is a hamptone HJFP2 mic/line preamp that I built. Its AWESOME. Running drum machines and synths through it is amazing, also its a great mic preamp. Bass sounds really good through it too.

The Hamptone pres {ideally, one of each} have been at the top of my wantlist for some time. I needs me some quality DI/Pre.
Chain Chomp
how are you liking the MAPS, i am interested in it but gotta wait for a little cashflow. if you ever want to sell your MAPS look me up. also if you are looking for some good Di/pre action check out the studio electronics pre2 it is awesome and has a jensen input transformer and a custom sowter output transformer, damn that iron sounds great.
Ta for the heads-up. The SE outboard gear looks really swell, and maybe I'll try them out at Nova sometime, but they're still a little beyond my pricerange. Boo.

I like the MAPS muchly, but find myself using the Monomachine's sequencer a lot more often.

I've since shuffled things around, having moved into a new room:

Studio North

Studio South

There's a pile of stuff in boxes that will get set up, soon.

Now with more jamming space!

Edit, IMG markup changed to URLs, because the board truncated my {large} photographs.
Cool setup Niall. It's a shame you have to add a bunch of wires. Do you find that you stand or sit more with this arrangement? My setup has moved to a standing setup unless I'm seriously playing the 88-key.
I'm not looking forward to the wires, but at least I have a workbench now that will allow me to make some really, really short ones!

For playing and composing, I stand. I used to sit when I composed, but that was when I was a mouse-jockey, before I drank the Elektron sequencing Kool-Aid.

Now, I can dance =)
Well said. It's when I'm jumping around that I know I've crafted a handy beat.

niall wrote:

Now, I can dance =)

My dearest niall, you could always dance.

I introduced the missus to Forma Tadre, and she was double plus goodly impressed.

My studio will be going through it's semi-annual furniture/layout refresh in the next few weeks, so I'll be pimping this thread with some goodness soon
Go to top Post Reply