As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge #1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: #1 Elektron fanboy
Game & Watch
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 10 Months ago
cchocjr is right...only mono...works perfect with my TR-606 though. It sounds similar to the VST versions... but it also has a filter and distortion...and you can choose to use each effect seperately or together. I like turning knobs for this better than the VST version...though I guess automation would work. It's a matter or preference.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
We should rename this thread to "jsrockit talks about his studio stuff" Hee hee... Man, you have acquired a lot of gear during the last year or so!

Seriously though, I see you own a RNC. How do you feel about that one? I've never decided whether or not I like mine as I actually feel it's too transparent. I'm more of an optical compressor type of person as I like to add color to my sound with compressors. What kind of tasks so you throw at yours?
Yoshi

ingrid wrote:
We should rename this thread to "jsrockit talks about his studio stuff" Hee hee... Man, you have acquired a lot of gear during the last year or so!

Seriously though, I see you own a RNC. How do you feel about that one? I've never decided whether or not I like mine as I actually feel it's too transparent. I'm more of an optical compressor type of person as I like to add color to my sound with compressors. What kind of tasks so you throw at yours?

FMR now also has the Really Nive Leveling Amplifier which is supposed to be more of a 'coloring' comp/limiter. maybe that s something for you?
Yoshi
yeah! i found my camera charger. now i can post my setup at last...

yes it s a mess!

Game & Watch

ingrid wrote:

Yeah, I aquired alot while I could... it's all in use though...and I've learned so much in a short time about synths...so it wasn't a waste for me.

I like it enough for drum machines...

I always liked this thread...there are some ridiculous set-ups here...
Game & Watch

divi wrote: now i can post my setup at last...

yes it s a mess!

How is the Akai synth?
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com

divi wrote:
FMR now also has the Really Nive Leveling Amplifier which is supposed to be more of a 'coloring' comp/limiter. maybe that s something for you?

Yeah, I've been looking at the RNLA. But right now I can't afford anything at all with a new SFX-6 coming my way. I was just wondering what other peoples experiences with the RNC was. I just can't make it sound right with my MD for some reason.

divi wrote:
yes it s a mess!

Pfft...my place is messier then yours. Errr... :oops:

Maybe I'll do a pic after I've been able to clean up some more.
[img align=right]http://static.flickr.com/67/162745762_e77acf5bbc.jpg[/img]

more shots of the full studio here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45404462@N00/sets/72057594114265489/

wheeee!

not in the picture: recently added a busted old Farfisa Compact Deluxe... and a Metasonix TM-5 and TM-3....
isnt that the new all-tube metasonix synth I see in the pic ?
how do you like it ? how much did it cost & have you got any demos ?!?
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
cool! i've been wondering how the endmusik studio has changed since the MEK/ wretch/ horde of other things came in.
Go to top Post Reply