As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge #1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: #1 Elektron fanboy
Game & Watch
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 12 Months ago

dirge wrote:
nice... thoughts on the MEK?

Just got it two days ago...but I like it alot. I had the desktop model, but did not use it much because I was too lazy to sit there and go through the matrix menus... the MEK solves that problem. Everything is right in front of you and it made all the difference to me. I love the way this synth sounds. It does the analog stuff good enough for me...and all of the noise stuff you can do is an added plus.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch

misty wrote:
Hi JS,

I see you have a monome, how do you like it?
(and how do you use that thing? With Max or something like that?)

The 40h is very cool. I use it with Step, MLR, and Slide so far...which are all Max patches from the Monome site. Most of the time I just program a beat... but with this, especially since it is basically a half of a bar (step), you have to keep pressing buttons...and it is fun. Forces me to take more of a live approach. The only thing is that I don't know how to make my own patches so I just use what someone else makes. I'm fine with that though...since I just want to make music...not program software.

papertiger wrote:
wow, cool pics js! that looks very neat and clean. you need more posters on the wall though, like my favorite rock group kiss. maybe ace freely and nina kriss, then they could be waiting there for you, in the garage.

it's peter kriss. damn, lady.
Admin
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 11 Months ago
i . . . uh. . .

Game & Watch
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 17 Years, 10 Months ago
King Koopa
where and for how much did you got the acidlab...?
hey jsrockit, i like your style.

what do you think of the frostwave alienator ? Its on my to-do list, as is anything metasonix...what pedal is that and how do you like it ?
Game & Watch
Mesak: I bought it used in the US from a guy who never used it. I paid alot...$500... but it saved me from having to send a wire in Euros to the Acidlab guy...it probably saved me about $60. And it is MINT so...

b0unce: Thanks. I like the Alienator at lower levels...just to add a little crud to my drums... The metasonix box is the TM-1 waveshaper. I also use that just to add a little crud my synth. It sounds pretty good with a mono synth with mono out. Sometimes I use it on one channel of a stereo synth...just to change the waveform on one side...kind of cool too.
Killer Beez

jsrockit wrote:
I like the Alienator at lower levels...just to add a little crud to my drums...

I'm also interested about alienator. How does it compare to bit/sample-reduction plugins (which are many in the vst-world)? Does it just do the same thing in a hardware mode or is it something different?
Chain Chomp
This might be obvious to everyone else, but it wasn't for me when I purchased the Alienator...it is mono. If you took the time to read the specs, or just look closely at the images of the device, you'd know, but I thought that I'd throw it out there. I love how it sounded, but I couldn't hang with mono in and out and the loss of panning when I send my MD through it. Now 2 Alienators...NOW your're talking.

Charles
Go to top Post Reply