As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge #1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: #1 Elektron fanboy
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 18 Years, 2 Months ago
I wouldn't call myself a fanboy or even a fan-MAN, but here's a pic of my setup, including the SFX6:

Go to http://studio.glitched.org/ to view more pics.

Yes, I still use the 707, despite the fact that high-quality samples are only a mouse-click away.

[Does anyone else contemplate this hardware vs. software studio conundrum? Sorry; that's a major can of worms.]
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!

glitched wrote:
[Does anyone else contemplate this hardware vs. software studio conundrum? Sorry; that's a major can of worms.]

Contemplated it when I heard how much better the Mono sounded than all the softsequencers I had. Then I switched to non-computer recording. :-D

It's way more hassle but, to my ears, it sounds tighter and fresher.
Game & Watch

Jyoti wrote:

glitched wrote:

Contemplated it when I heard how much better the Mono sounded than all the softsequencers I had. Then I switched to non-computer recording. :-D

It's way more hassle but, to my ears, it sounds tighter and fresher.

What are you using Jyoti (for recording)?
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!

jsrockit wrote:

Well, after much gnashing of choppers and a quite deep funk, I went for a Yamaha AW2400. Which is, of course, a computer also. But in a box with moving faders and NO MOUSING AROUND! It's perfect for me.

I've been using computers for sequencing and recording since 1991 (started with an Atari 520 STFM + Sequencer One) and I just got fed up. The software now is bloatware, it gets in the way of my creative process. The AW is a piece of piss, choose a record channel, choose a record track, hit record. That's it.

It's so lovely not having to watch a monitor in the studio any more. I do enough LCD-gazing in the rest of my life... :-o

PM me if you want more details, mate. I'm already way off-topic here.
Game & Watch

Jyoti wrote:

jsrockit wrote:

Well, after much gnashing of choppers and a quite deep funk, I went for a Yamaha AW2400. Which is, of course, a computer also. But in a box with moving faders and NO MOUSING AROUND! It's perfect for me.

I've been using computers for sequencing and recording since 1991 (started with an Atari 520 STFM + Sequencer One) and I just got fed up. The software now is bloatware, it gets in the way of my creative process. The AW is a piece of piss, choose a record channel, choose a record track, hit record. That's it.

It's so lovely not having to watch a monitor in the studio any more. I do enough LCD-gazing in the rest of my life... :-o

PM me if you want more details, mate. I'm already way off-topic here.

Thanks Jyoti... I'm not giving up on the computer yet... but it is tempting. I used to make everything in computer...but I had to get away from that/.
Game & Watch
Re: #1 Elektron fanboy 18 Years ago

Sorry, the Elektrons are off to the side because I used them too much...I needed a break.
Admin
wow, cool pics js! that looks very neat and clean. you need more posters on the wall though, like my favorite rock group kiss. maybe ace freely and nina kriss, then they could be waiting there for you, in the garage.

eerrrr. . . looks very nice!

-M
Game & Watch

papertiger wrote:
wow, cool pics js! that looks very neat and clean. you need more posters on the wall though, like my favorite rock group kiss. maybe ace freely and nina kriss, then they could be waiting there for you, in the garage.

eerrrr. . . looks very nice!

-M

Thanks, I'm not a big picture on the wall type of person...but maybe a Weezer poster could be cool.
Boo
Current \'gear\': Korg Legacy controller, Launchpad, Renoise.
nice... thoughts on the MEK?
Hi JS,

I see you have a monome, how do you like it?
(and how do you use that thing? With Max or something like that?)
Go to top Post Reply