As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Need help with a simple MD problem (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Need help with a simple MD problem
Need help with a simple MD problem 18 Years, 10 Months ago
OK, I guess I'm a total dumbass. I edited a pattern in my MD. This pattern is the main pattern in a song I'm creating using mutes/un-mutes. I made some changes to the sounds in the kit and assigned some parameter locks. Every time I turned my MD back on my pattern and all my changes were called up properly, so I thought it was saves. For some reason, the last time I turned it on, it went back to pattern A1. When I called up my sone, the pattern was the same, but my changes, parameter locks, and LFO's wen't back to default. What am I missing here?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re: Need help with a simple MD problem 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Are you in extended or classic mode?

cchocjr
I'm in extended. I think I figured out the problem. I must have forgotten to re-save the kit after I made those changes.......hopefully that was it. Thanks.
Chain Chomp
Don't worry about, hope that does the trick. I know that the few times where the MD has behaved in an unexecpted manner was because I was unknowingly in 'classic' mode.

cchocjr
aom
Cappy
I would think paramter locks on the pattern would remain even if you didn't save the kit before changing patterns . . . but changes to the kit are definately lost if you change kits. You can always load the undo kit since it contains the last unsaved kit.
Goomba

aom wrote:
I would think paramter locks on the pattern would remain even if you didn't save the kit before changing patterns . . ..

If it did that though, everytime you performed live and tweaked the hell out of your kit, you would lose your original settings. I suppose you could get around this by having duplicate kits -- one for tweaking live and another to replace it with, but that seems a bit roundabout. By not automatically saving parameter locks, it allows you to tweak the pattern without having to worry about losing the original.
Killer Beez
nah, reloading the kit overwrites the P locks. Also, switching to a new kit and then back will get you back to the original saved kit. However - I think the MD stays the same if there is a power loss, but I am not sure.
aom
Cappy
Yeah, MD remembers everything if you just power down . . . I thought param locks were saved with the pattern, not the kit?

I save lots, so I never really noticed, though!

Always something to learn w/ the Elektron machines!
Goomba

aom wrote:
I thought param locks were saved with the pattern, not the kit?

Is it possible to just save one or the other? I thought, at least in extended mode, that saving saved both the pattern and kit...?
Hi - The times I tried to make parameter changes with the top LED lit - wel, it wasn't possible. So before going to the trouble, the problem was noticable.
Go to top Post Reply