As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Monomachine audio input (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Monomachine audio input
Killer Beez
Monomachine audio input 18 Years, 10 Months ago
whats the deal with this thing? The signal from my MPC needs to be attenuated SEVERELY in order not to clip the shit out of the input. Also, I had to power off and restart the mono because there was some freaky ringmod happening even though the inputs are routed to the reverb machine on track 6.

the audio only passes through if a note is on the seq I suppose - but thats just the nature of the effects machines right?

so, why is there no headroom on this thing? And if thats the way its supposed to be - why is there no input metering?!?!?!?!

Either way - I have 2 outputs on my MPC running into the mono cause the MPC has no decent FX, and its working - but these little details threw me for a loop. Anyone?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re: Monomachine audio input 18 Years, 10 Months ago
well yes, the ringmod-thing is a bitchy bug. i've reported it to elektron and hopefully we'll get the fix for it very soon... maybe you could also inform them so they get more spcific info on how it happens. i feel it's very random, and only restarting helps.

i have ran mpc1000's output (not strereo out but one of the individual outs) to monomachine's input and i had to turn the mpc's sound down a littlebit. also i attenuated the effects-machine main vol. but there was no so much clipping, but it was damn loud!
Killer Beez
I guess it would be nice to know if the input is -10dB or +4 (which its obviously not)

My guess is that they leave the input at -10 or somewhere around there so that it can interface with consumer gear? But turntables would go into a mixer which would bump them up to +4, so I am not sure why they would be there.

I mean, is the ringmod thing gonna be happening during my set? Maybe I should try the input on the machinedrum instead.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
There was another guy here who complained about the ringmoddy sound a while ago. It was on an SFX-60. My old SFX-60 (which Chiasticon has now) did that once, but with one of the older OSes. I haven't heard it on my 6 with the current OS.

Milky -> what OS are you running? Since it's you, I'd say the current one.
Killer Beez
I think its 1.5 - or whatever the latest one is. Its not doing it anymore - only when I first loaded the reverb machine with the external input did it happen. However, I need to set up another kit later with the same thing going on, and if it happens again I will document the steps and give a holler to the support people.

Man, they must be so frigin sick of us with our nitpicking about these little bugs :-D
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
They aren't little bugs. These are high-end machines, and shouldn't have these problems. That being said, Elektron is a tiny company, and can only do so much testing.

If you can consistently replicate the problem, please post the steps here and I will see about replicating it. If necessary, we will create a sticky 'Official Monomachine Bugs' thread so Elektron can keep track the issues users are experiencing.
King Koopa

milkmansnd wrote:

I mean, is the ringmod thing gonna be happening during my set?

did happen to me, more than once. and with oder OS as with 1.05 too...

i can't reproduce it intentionally - it just happens from time to time
King Koopa
haven't used the 1000 really but is the output set to +12dB, or can it be set lower in the mixer section? this might help, maybe you tried it though...
I have noticed the 'hot' input on the MonoMachine. I use it with an FX send and I only have to turn the send knob a little and the signal starts to distort.

I haven't experienced the ring mod but I do get a rhythmic clicking when I use the delay on a FX machine.

Corky Burger
Killer Beez
I think - I am not totally sure - I know how to make this bug reappear!

Make a kit with an audio input

Go to a new track and copy/paste that kit

this may be what causes the weird ringmod - but I am not sure. If definitely did that today when I did the above procedure - someone else try and see!
Go to top Post Reply