As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 14 Years ago
As far as I've been able to tell, the phase is always the same when you hit play and then the phase just drift off. I.e., Play resets everything.

That's not a bug, that's a perfecty well-working MNM for you (unfortunately).

I could be wrong about the reset but I'm pretty darn sure that was my experience with the userwaves. I did a lot of fooling around with using the MNM as a sampler (you can search for keyword pseudo sampling). So what this says is that if you really want a phase sync/reset, program your DAW with the sysex to stop/start the pattern, etc. A bit of a headache so I never got around to it.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 14 Years ago
OK, thanks for that. The search funtion on th eforum yielded a few hits, but I was unable to jump directly to the posts from the search results (user error on my part?)

Anyway - the reason for all this is that I was trying to use the GND>SIN machine to create some drones by using multiple tracks and playing around with the detune and other parameters. I was getting very inconsistent results - sometimes it would work perfectly and I'd get the nice strong slow beating and other times it would drop way low in the mix.

Based on your research, it seems like the only way to get consistency is to continually start and stop the pattern.
Hammer Bro
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 13 Years, 11 Months ago
MD OS 1.61B

TRX-SD presents a volume anomaly the first time the machine is loaded as part of a kit.

So, if you're on a kit with an EFM-SD machine and you switch to another one with a TRX-SD, the first snare sound can be louder or quieter.

(Elektron has been informed about this and will look into it)
Goomba
hello fellow tweakers!

have recieved my 2nd hand MD/UW mk1 recently.
it´s running OS 1.33, so here goes my first question:

can i update just like that from 1.33 to the latest OS- i guess yea?
is it better taking *not* the latest OS while having still the choice (is there a *best running least bugs OS*) thinking of downgrading´s not possible..?

second question would be:
i have experienced problems uploading samples using the tm-1, the MD likes to freeze sometimes since when editing kits while the sequencer is running. (without tm-1 plugged)
is it due to the dated OS?

have done the firmware update on the tm-1 a minute ago and would like to perform the OS update now also.

thanks in advance and best

nanopole
King Koopa
MD UW MKII + MNM SFX60 MKII + OT DPS-1
Hi! You are highly welcome here!

definitely update to recent OS 1.61c
and please this branch is only for bug reports ;]
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 13 Years, 10 Months ago
MD 1.61B with +drive

1. Internally sample some audio content with RAM machine to R1 slot in Samplebank X.
2. Do a function copy of that content in the sample manager.
3. Switch to Samplebank Y and enter sample manager.
4. Do a function paste of the content to a Rom slot.
5. Watch MD lock up

Workaround:
Copy content to rom slot in Samplebank X, then copy the rom version to rom slot in Samplebank Y.

Elektron's been emailed.
Hammer Bro
MM SFX60 MKII
OS 1.61B

LFO Pitch destination options (i.e., 1OCT, 2OCT...) do not match intervals produced

1. Select a machine with a distinctive pitch and a sustained sound
2. Assign a square LFO to affect the machine's pitch
3. Start with an LFO destination of '1OCT' (we expect that, for a DPTH of 127, the pitch will rise/fall 1octave above/below the chosen note)
4. Set DPTH to 127 and trigger a C - the pitch rises/falls a minor 3rd

For a setting of 2OCT (2 octaves), you only get an augmented 4th (ish), and for 4OCT you get a sharp octave..
King Koopa
MD UW MKII + MNM SFX60 MKII + OT DPS-1
sorry for offtopic, but

teacherofstalker, you D*MN ROCK!
Please keep it up!
And HUUUGE THANKS!
Hammer Bro
Hehe, nk dude, thanks for your kind words! I was thinking of you today - I'll pm you with some more questions re master volume pot swapping..

I've compiled a list of bugs that I'll send to Elektron on Monday, and I'll post it here too just to keep us updated

T
Chain Chomp
lost the transposing function on some machines in a jam today which meant resetting the unit to kick it all back in
Go to top Post Reply