As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List
Game & Watch
Re:Monomachine MnM - SCALE / SLIDE bug. very obvious 14 Years, 3 Months ago
ignatius wrote:
LMAO. WTF is it w/this thing. all is well suddenly. i must have the moodiest MD in existence.

everything seems fine now??? bizarre.

Duh, you don't know? It heard you threatening it.
  The topic has been locked.
Veets wrote:
ignatius wrote:
LMAO. WTF is it w/this thing. all is well suddenly. i must have the moodiest MD in existence.

everything seems fine now??? bizarre.

Duh, you don't know? It heard you threatening it.

maybe it was the molestation i committed against my MD when it was fresh out of the box...

eewwwww... creeeppppyyyy.
Cappy
ignatius wrote:
maybe it was the molestation i committed against my MD when it was fresh out of the box...

Maybe you should take it to dinner and a movie first....
Toaster wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Maybe you should take it to dinner and a movie first....

it lives a comfortable life

i do think i've found the issue though.. it is fucking mysterious.

something in my set up is sending a midi blurb tot he MD that disables the p-locks!!?!?!?

is that even possible? it stays in extended mode but he plocks go away.. i disconnect the midi in cable and plocks work again.. wtf..

i have all the contorl IN etc functions set to 'OFF' in the MD and nothing else is running my studio. just the MD. i noticed it when i turned off my computer. the core midi does something where it deturds itself and sends some gobbly guk to the midi interface.. when that happens plocks go bye bye.. but they are all still there if i check each step.. everything is still written.. then i disconnect the midi in cable and viola.. all is well..

never had this happen before in all my years of elektron machinedrummery.
Game & Watch
Have you tried it with midi off? (--)
Game & Watch
hmm...

So I put the new OS on last night, 1.53c, had 1.53b prior to that.

Anyway upgraded just as I thought should not that I had experienced any issues with 1.53B.

Well all was fine and then it started doing something perculiar with the 1st beat of the bar if certain other machines triggered at the same point, the same group of triggers on other beats behaved normally but the first beat seemed to cause it to "fart"... Not too sure what the culprit is yet, as I also did an empty reset and cleared all the samples out and replaced them with a few new ones at the same time as I did the OS upgrade...

So my guess is it could be any manner of dodgy bits of data... Should get time to track it down tonight though, may well be just my machine but thought I'd make Ignatius feel a bit better about the bizarre goings on of his baby.

On that note i'm pretty sure all of my gear has had a rather vicous attack of the loony tunes at one point or another.
darenager wrote:
Have you tried it with midi off? (--)

what do you mean "midi off"?

all the global settings are "off" except local control.
King Koopa
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 14 Years, 3 Months ago
Double post.
King Koopa
1.53c Harmonic Distortion on All instruments.

Reported this issue the other day.

This occurs when you are playing and switching between patterns. On the first pattern will be an input machine or ram record. On the second pattern will be a midi machine in the same location.

Double tapping stop after switching to the second pattern will cause harmonic distortion to appear on all instruments. Requiring a restart of the machinedrum.

- Justin
Game & Watch
I got this too or something related. It's a terrible loud howl ... like a feedback noise. It's only when switching certain patterns. I had input machines + ram machines on the initiating pattern. The subsequent pattern was nothing special IIRC. Switching other patterns was fine. Had to turn off the machine and reboot. Did this several times and it is only one particular pattern that was the cause. Never had this before.

Watch out for this one as it will definitely ruin your liveset, etc.
Go to top Post Reply