As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 10 Months ago
I've had that one Vader..

ok - the bug on the MnM that probably annoys me the most : sometimes kits do simply not come back as you programmed them....various machines parameters will be wrong & hence you'll flick to a pattern & not get back what you programmed & saved. Switching on & off usually cures this, but it seems to be very sporadic - I cant really seem to find any logic to it other than some patterns / kits always come back ok but others are habitual offenders in not recalling properly...
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
Before anything else, I'd like to say I FIXED this crash simply by doing a soft reset, but it had me a little worried this morning.
I was going to feedback some impulse machines from a seperate output to everything else back into an input to trigger another machine on the MD. Strange thing is, while I was routing the impulse machine to the seperate output, it still played through the stereo outputs Upon plugging the feedback cable into the one input and then configuring it, the MD started to lock up (like it does when you feed it way too much MIDI information too fast). Upon restart, the MD was still locking up (even with the feedback loop removed) and the tempo display (as in the BPM counter and 4-stage light up thing) wouldn't appear. However, as I said, a soft reset solved all problems.
I'm using a Mk1 SPS-1. Anyone else had this bug?
Cheers,
Future Image
Boo
Prairie doggin'
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 8 Months ago
When you sync the MD to an external sequencer(in my case Logic 8) the start command seems to erase all chains in pattern-mode. When you slave the MD in a traditional drumcomputer-fashion this is quite problematic, leaving you with a maximum 1 bar loop.

Yes you can abuse song-mode but thats not very drumcomputer imho. Even my 606 can be easily chained while running as a slave to any sequencer in pattern-mode.

My personal preference would be to be able to "hard"-chain in pattern mode, giving you the ability to work with a two-bar loop as a base. As an Init patch id use a two bar empty loop, i think at least for techno this is quite common...
Boo
Prairie doggin'
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 8 Months ago
Edit: it seems its the 0-songpointer, if i start the song in Logic at another point it seems ok for now. Ill experiment with various modes(step/realtime recording etc) Anyone using C4 who can try this?
Chain Chomp
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 7 Months ago
xmit wrote:
I've had that one Vader..

ok - the bug on the MnM that probably annoys me the most : sometimes kits do simply not come back as you programmed them....various machines parameters will be wrong & hence you'll flick to a pattern & not get back what you programmed & saved. Switching on & off usually cures this, but it seems to be very sporadic - I cant really seem to find any logic to it other than some patterns / kits always come back ok but others are habitual offenders in not recalling properly...

This sequencer not triggering a machine when in record mode is getting a bit frequent now and I've double checked that I'm triggering the right thing.
I might do another OS reinstall
Goomba
Vader77 wrote:
Sometimes (not often) I find a machine on the Mono won't trigger from the sequencer just after I've changed the synth type!!!
It will trigger from the keyboard and the trigger parameters are correct but I'm not sure if it only does this when in record mode but I have to flick the unit off/on and then things are back to normal.
It doesn't happen often enough to get specific about the events leading up it and you can't replicate it again but it has happened a few times now.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or perhaps I shouldn't be in record mode when switching between synth types?

I'm having the same issue, sometimes. Machines trigger from the trig buttons but not from the sequencer.
Cappy
Yesterday i was jamming and suddenly all the windowed menus on my MnM turned into some flickering, noisy pixel-crap.
No matter if i opened the arp or the kit-window or any other window, it was always the same. Had to switch the unit off/on.
Goomba
I believe I've found a way to reproduce the "Mono won't trigger from the sequencer" bug at will. I'll let Elektron know the exact steps.
Goomba
OK - our friends at Elektron have my bug-reproducing script. Hopefully they'll get that one nailed soon!
Cappy
MD & MnM mkIIs
detected 2 MONO-Bugs....????????

MnM mkII, OS H 1.20B

-Swing modulates BPM-
mnm set to INTERNAL MIDI CLOCK; Swing Amount over 50% ;
I had no chance to synchronize my MnM neither to a metronome nor to my MD.(engl.doubleneg???-don't know-sorry...)
It seems that the BPM Timing of the MnM decreases when tweaking Swing Value.
with my MD (Swing: 60%) set at 102,5 BPM
MnM (Swing: 80%) needed 105 BPM.
...Sounds buggy...-no feature, I guess ;-(
like 2 years ago,I remember Elektron_SPS1-1UW_OS1.32poison, when MD Swing(-Steps) triggered the Bassdrum....

-LFO1 doesn't run on FX Thru A and B-

I hope my english is not2bad
Go to top Post Reply