As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear multi-map mode: only 32 patterns? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: multi-map mode: only 32 patterns?
Goomba
multi-map mode: only 32 patterns? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
i'm doing grunt work here, assigning midi notes to trigger all the patterns i've been working away on here, but the multi-map editor is only allowing me to assign 32 patters (A01-B16).
is it only able to assign 32 patterns? that seems kinda silly to me, so i must be doing something wrong.

steve
  The topic has been locked.
Re: multi-map mode: only 32 patterns? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
it's like the song sequencer. in order to add/remove rows you need to use the function + up/down cursor keys (respectively).
Goomba
I tried this already, but it still won't let me have more then 32 assigned patterns. when i get to the bottom row, pushing [function] + [down] doesnt do anything.
oh. then I don't know. I just figured this out because mine only had 12 in it when I cracked it open to look at it for you. I didn't try going up to 32 and beyond, but I just figured that it would.
King Koopa
Trust me, song mode goes way beyond 32. I averange 128 entry's or more a song. Just navigate to end and press the pattern number. Than it will appear. Maybe your fiddelin with the offset and length?
he's talking about multi-map mode still. it just works like song mode (hence me bringing it up), but apparently not entirely.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
If there is a limit of 32 patterns, could you just switch to a new Global config that has a new map? That way you could get 8 X 32 patterns.
Goomba
i thought of using the different global settings, but thats really a pain in the ass, and i'd like to be free to switch to any pattern from any pattern at any chosen moment. I don't want to worry about changing global settings first, and then the pattern.

I emailed elektron about it. if it is a software limitation, it's something i'd like to see upgraded. the MD doesn't have any problems doing this exact same thing; it doesn't make sense that the MnM is incapable of this.

steve
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Let us know what they say, I'm interested.
Go to top Post Reply