As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do?
Hammer Bro
my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi guys,
Got my UserWave last week and noticed that the screen was slightly misaligned. It's minor and doesn't affect the sound of the unit in the slightest, but being the a-type that I am, it kind of niggles at me each time I use the box. I thought I'd just get used to it but instead it seems the opposite is happening...it is glaring at me more and more each day :/

First of all, would I be right to assume that Elektron would fix this for me, free of charge, if I want? Would I cover half the round-trip shipping cost? Second, anybody have experience with how long this would take and if it would be worth it? I also have to keep the resell value of the unit in mind, not that I ever plan on selling it but you know. Any insight is appreciated.
  The topic has been locked.
aom
Cappy
Re: my sps-1uw has a minor build defect, what do I do? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
They'd probably fix it if you sent it back to them at your expense, but I don't imagine it would happen overnight.

I'd wait a while, and send it back for repair closer to the end of your warranty, in case you end up needing any more work (like encoder replacement) later in the first year.

You should probably contact Elektron and get their take, though!
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
I second what aom says. Email Elektron support, the hurry up and wait. It will eventually get fixed, I should think, but they have a lot on their plate right now.
Kong
mr. applehead
hiya.. my Md had that problem when i first golt it, one corner of the plastic screen was slightly raisedand you could push on it and it flexed. its a bit cheesy but you may learn to ignore it like i did! other wise you gonna pay one way freight to sweden or US.. u hafta figure if its worth it!
well, I emailed Danny at elektron (yeah, we're tight like that) and I'm waiting to see what he says. But honestly, I can't see paying freight and then waiting 2+ weeks just for this tiny problem. It gives it more character, anyway.
Goomba
I whish that Elektron didn't change the LCD panel from SPS-1 to SPS-1UW on my Machinedrum during the upgrade, the new panel has lots of scratches on it :-?
King Koopa
All your base are belong to us!

Per-Kr wrote:
I whish that Elektron didn't change the LCD panel from SPS-1 to SPS-1UW on my Machinedrum during the upgrade, the new panel has lots of scratches on it :-?

Did you actually remove the protective sticker and found scratches on the plastic?
Goomba
Oops, I hadn't removed the sticker, it was very well placed on, so it didn't look or feel like there was a sticker there :oops:

Ignore my previous post.
King Koopa

aom wrote:
I'd wait a while, and send it back for repair closer to the end of your warranty, in case you end up needing any more work (like encoder replacement) later in the first year.

btw do you get a cmplete new 1 year warranty for your SPS if you send it for the upgrade?
aom
Cappy
^^^That would be nice!
Go to top Post Reply