As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks
King Koopa
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks 15 Years, 3 Months ago
Thanks for answering again Tib, but because it is p'locked to 0 on all steps apart from step 2 (127) theres not much I can do
Have you tried this ? Does it work for you?

Thanks
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks 15 Years, 3 Months ago
Good point... probably best to remove those locks, set your time and feedback and tweak filter settings in the rythym echo to taste and then apply those locks after getting your RE settings right. (set the RE feedback high and the time on something low, watch your ears/monitors and experiment)

Ive not tried this exact method but often lock delays to individual hits often; it works in the same principle. Let me know how you go...
King Koopa
Thanks TIB
I've finally got it!
The steps you want to repeat you leave free and p'lock the steps you don't.
It wasn't very clear in the instructions.
It may have been obvious to all of you experts but I'm still a noob with the MD
Admin
tIB was here
Don't worry about it, we've all been there: The official Elektron rules (according to previewlounge) state youre a noob until youve had the machine for 3 years anyway!

Glad you got it going
Rew
Chain Chomp
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter loc 15 Years, 2 Months ago
tIB wrote:
The official Elektron rules (according to previewlounge) state youre a noob until youve had the machine for 3 years anyway!

ohh so true!
King Koopa
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter loc 14 Years, 11 Months ago
Hello,

seems i´m not bright enough to get any usable soundfs with this trick.

i did what i am supposed to to, either step 2 or 3 doesn´t lead to good results, i have all the dry signal and the delay happens to make some strange sounds but nothing like the audiodemo posted here.
could one please tell me once more what i have to do? i am completely blown away by the demo but it doesn´t sound this way at my place

there must be something i´m missing, please help me out.

thanks, yourmama
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks 14 Years, 11 Months ago
try this,,,,,its just the step #2(from the instructions) :

RE settings: FB 64 ; LEV 127; TIME whaeva (its up to you)

*then...
steps 1-2-3-4 w/ NO LOCKS
steps 5-6-7 P-LOCKED on FB@0 ; LEV@0
and keep going in this way .....put locks or not depending on your pattern's lenght and style...

you will get REPEATS on the not-locked params

hope this work......this is the only good way i found to let the trick to work in a way i could use...
King Koopa
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks 14 Years, 11 Months ago
Thank you, will give it a try as soon as i am home again.
King Koopa
wow awesome.
thank you.
Cappy
Re:MD Rhythm Echo beat repeat using CTR-RE and parameter locks 14 Years, 10 Months ago
thanks for this trick, really cool..

like some others I've had some trouble getting it to work well, but good to experiment with and very useful

I seem to have better luck with resampling individual drums and doing P-LOCKS on the retrigger though.. the delay seems awfully touchy, or more likely I haven't experimented with it enough yet
Go to top Post Reply