As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 12 Years, 4 Months ago
On the MD, you can P-lock LFO depth, speed, and mix on the routing page. The LFO menu applies to the entire track. I am not sure how P-locks would work there. It would be nice to P-lock, type and shape.
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Get rid of the classic mode on the MD, the button can then be used for more interesting feature. I don't think anyone uses the classic mode.
Killer Beez
djd_oz wrote:
Get rid of the classic mode on the MD, the button can then be used for more interesting feature. I don't think anyone uses the classic mode.

+1

What would you want it to do?

It could be a one button kit restore. (assignable to a midi note/footpedal )

heck add that to the list. midi channel+note to kit reset. The amount of times I wish I had four hands instead of another 8 bars while my feet are doing nothing (other than dancing).
Some people do like that, as it's more for switching up kits but using the same pattern.

And I use the Func+classic/extended button ALL THE TIME to reset the kit (in extended mode) after heavy tweaking. Best live freakout trick on any hardware around. And I hardly think these two buttons together are too hard. I mean I don't need just a single button—then I think I'd be kitting it all the time on accident!

One thing that I like to us classic mode for is programming "ghost notes" that are, for example, extra snare hits that are p-locked to be silent (when in extended mode), but then you hit classic mode and they all play (since p-locks don't do anything in classic mode). It's an easy way to do fills or other variation on a pattern.
Yoshi
I'm suggesting to use it like a secondary function button, i.e. Function 2 button, this will open up a range of other posibilities. Of course you should be able to keep the Classic/Extended feature with the function 2 + Kit button for example.
On Monomachine;

An option in the GLOBAL>CONTROL menu to set the trig select/midi seq button to
"edit" or "play" mode.

When in "edit" mode it functions like it does now

and when in "play"mode it switches between monomachine sequencer and midi sequencer without having to press "function"

optionally>> pressing function and the button when in monomachine sequencer, cycles through amp filter and lfo trigs. This is not really necessary cause you are not going to be editing but playing tracks.
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 12 Years, 3 Months ago
Hi,

for MD

Mute status saved with a single pattern.

Looked "play pattern" mode for activated patternblock (so you can start and switch any pattern with a single hand)

Solo Button

24db Lowpass Filter for the whole mix

maybe it seems extraordinarily, but a pdf german manual, for stupid dude like me will be gift!
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
More E-12 & P-I instruments.
Heck, any more instruments would be nice!

Also the MIDI settings on the MD could be fixed a bit,
like you have to scroll through all the 16 tracks AND scroll the corresponding note value through the WHOLE keyboard range to put it to zero, so maybe function+no to set it to -- automatically (I hate doing this every time I back up and start fresh).
cgb
Goomba
for all 3 elektrons the frequency dependable delays like on the allen & heat mixers.

dry signal is split before delay/echo so only certain frequencies are affected.

great for non muddy mids or highs delays/echoes and really crazy

check them here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6G5J8rC_c
cgb
Goomba
and i don't know if already wished:

to deactivate the auto pattern safe

or is it impossible to deactivate this and replace with "normal" pattern safe after editing" function ?
Go to top Post Reply