As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
i am a huge fan of the idea for limited parameter values. it would make those function + tweaks much more controlled (no huge boosts to mlev for example :/ )

also, it would be amazing to be able to jump between patterns on step quantization, so if you are in the 15th step of one pattern, you could jump to the next and have the 16th step of the next pattern. If the original pattern is on a step outside the range of the next pattern, you could use % (modulo) to determine where in the second pattern the beat falls. It would be amazing if this jumping between patterns could be recorded as well, for live improvisatory pattern splicing.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
i am a huge fan of the idea for limited parameter values. it would make those function + tweaks much more controlled (no huge boosts to mlev for example :/ )

also, it would be amazing to be able to jump between patterns on step quantization, so if you are in the 15th step of one pattern, you could jump to the next and have the 16th step of the next pattern. If the original pattern is on a step outside the range of the next pattern, you could use % (modulo) to determine where in the second pattern the beat falls. It would be amazing if this jumping between patterns could be recorded as well, for live improvisatory pattern splicing.
i would also like to be able to jam with patterns and record the results as a song.

MD+ request:
if would also be super helpful to be able to browse/load samples from any samplebank without needed to load the whole thing. not sure if this is technically possible, but it would be amazingly useful, and speed up my workflow by a ton
Only microtiming for the MD!
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requestsx 13 Years, 2 Months ago
gurulogic wrote:
In the sample manager of the MD place a * next to the name, or some other way of easily identifying which samples are being used in a kit. This would make it a lot easier to switch out unused samples.

massive +1 to this. don't understand why it's not there already, as the with the kits...
djd_oz wrote:
Being able to set the max/min values for each parameter for live tweaking so that you don't sometimes go overboard ...

e.g. hold the "YES" button and click the knob will set the Max value to say 100 and hold the "NO" button and click the knob will set the min value to say 50. When you tweak, you can only change the value from 50 - 100. Obviously these values should be saved when you save the kit.

another massive +1
Goomba
I started scanning the thread, but DEAR GOD it's huge.

I'd like more versatility on the outputs of my SPS1.

Ideally, the effects should be assignable to an output, and have the option of pairing with the original sound. You should be able to have all wet delay audio on one track, or alternatively have snare delay on the same track as the snare, hats as hats, and so on.

I'd like to have more outputs in total as well. Six is not many, especially considering two of them are left and right main outs as well, especially when you realise(as I have recently) that the effects only work on those two outputs.

I'd like the option to be able to 'lock' patterns so they cannot be deleted.

I spend a lot of time holding 'function'(reset kit, global changes, etc), and deleting a pattern is easy enough done by accident that I have done at least three times now in the couple of weeks I've owned the SPS1.

I'd like to be able to isolate a machine from global changes.

When tweaking, it'd be nice to keep some machines untweaked. Often this will be the kick drum; when all else is going batshit mental I'd like to keep a pulse going through the noise to let people keep track. I imagine some kind of machine by machine setting that says "ignore" for various fucntions, perhaps 24 ignores, one for each rotary?

(of course, if anyone can help me see how these problems are just me being stupid, I'll probably fall in love)
Goomba
bauer wrote:
djd_oz wrote:
Being able to set the max/min values for each parameter for live tweaking so that you don't sometimes go overboard ...

another massive +1

PLUS ONE FOR ME ALSO PLEASE SIR

(sorta said similar in my post a second ago... IGNORE settings and HI/LOW settings for each machine would be ACE)
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 1 Month ago
Well it seems this thread was not bumped since ages!

I'm now having intense fun with my new MDSPS1mk2+, and I can now have some requests for new updates:

1) Ability to have the ECHO and REVERB wet signals routed to an individual track for further processing (lfo on the volume to emulate sidechain compressions..)

2) "minimute" window is indeed really annoying => make it different or use the great idea mentionned before, of using an inverted display color when in mute mode

3) INP and RAM machines should be able to select which internal track(s) is used as a sound source, and not only the main out

4) Tempo Sync for LFOs

5) Real parameters values instead of 0-127 on the display

6) Global option for inverted encoder response while pressed

If some of you know side tricks to manage some of these unavailable features I'd be interested!

MD is an incredible machine... but such updates would really make it the absolute machine!

cheers
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 1 Month ago
MAKE THE SCALE SETUP 4 LEDS MATCH THE TEMPO LED BLINKING!!!!!

when playing live with more than one bar patterns, the 4 leds are not blinking on the tempo and it's really disturbing...

that would be so nice to have these 4 leds correctly showing the beat !

I can't believe such a powerful and instinctive use of this leds was not yet made ...

cheers
Go to top Post Reply