As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 6 Months ago
i'm new here so i may be repeating a wish that has already been stated (sorry can't be bothered to read through 16 pages of wishes...)

1) i'd love it for each machine on the MonoM to be able to have different sequence length's and speeds.

2) a "Remix" function, similar to the remix function on a Future Retro Revolution, on each of the machines....and a global remix function.

3) A "quantize off" mode and both the MD and MonoM, where patterns can be recorded without being locked in.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
sashbash wrote:

3) A "quantize off" mode and both the MD and MonoM, where patterns can be recorded without being locked in.

how exactly?
Goomba
what i mean is something like on an MPC where you can choose the quanitse timing (ie 1/4 note or 1/16 note), but most importantly you can turn "off" the quantize and just hit a pad and the note/drum hit will not be corrected to a "grid-like" structure. Doing this gives the pattern a looser/natural feel.

Not sure how this would be implemented in the elektron machines though...

There are work arounds on the MD & MnM like using the swing features, but not quite as immediate/intuitive as an MPC in this regard.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
sashbash wrote:
what i mean is something like on an MPC where you can choose the quanitse timing (ie 1/4 note or 1/16 note), but most importantly you can turn "off" the quantize and just hit a pad and the note/drum hit will not be corrected to a "grid-like" structure. Doing this gives the pattern a looser/natural feel.

Not sure how this would be implemented in the elektron machines though...

There are work arounds on the MD & MnM like using the swing features, but not quite as immediate/intuitive as an MPC in this regard.

yeah I know what you mean..
but like you said, how exactly it would be implemented is the point.
the sequencer doesn't support other resolutions like the MPC and it'd be hard to find the sound on the step (like; what about the sound that's between two steps?! )

Other way is sequencing the MD+MnM with an MPC, but then you'd lose the parameter locks..
Goomba
one way i could think of would be a more complex LED display system on the sequencer, so for example a blue LED would signify a hit that falls in between two sections....??? however this would probably still have to work within a quantized setup, just one that is maybe 1/120 resolution or more etc...

maybe another way would be to entirely create a new record page where it displayed in more detail where the triggered notes are (thus not being limited to 16 LED/buttons)....

to be honest, it's not the feature I'd want the most out of my initial choices...it's just it would be nice to cancel the need to have an MPC and have the MD/MnM to do everything in one box.......not that it doesn't do a hell of a lot already!

I think I'd much prefer to be able to have different sequence lengths/time sigs. per track on the MnM and per note on the MD.
Cappy
Looking for tones without distortion. I still take forever adjusting the sounds, maybe because many of the synths need distortion for volume. I'd like sounds to have results with less trial and error of moving parameters to take out harshness. However, there is lots to work with.
Goomba
For both MD and MnM.

Tempo synced LFO.

Yeah I know trig does this. But it also retriggers the LFO.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
interceptor wrote:
For both MD and MnM.

Tempo synced LFO.

Yeah I know trig does this. But it also retriggers the LFO.

Hold?
Goomba
Nope.

From the manual:
HOLD = The waveform is running free in the background, but the output LFO level is
latched for each LFO-trig and held still until the next LFO-trig.

Edit:

FREE seems to be running in sync with the tempo, but it starts from a different place each time you press stop/start.
Cappy
Yesterday I did a little impro with md, I thought that a cue fonction to set up a track before unmute it or raise his volume would be very useful in a live situation.
Go to top Post Reply