As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Admin
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 10 Months ago
kuniklo wrote:
I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd really like to see a GND-TRI, GND-SQU and GND-SAW machine in the MD.

Use the EFM-HH, it can do both triangle, square and sawtooth pretty damn well.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I´d also like to see a stand alone version of the monomachine Keyboard, maybe as Midi-Controller with some knobs and perhaps with a mode dedicated to MD and MM
Nils wrote:
kuniklo wrote:
I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd really like to see a GND-TRI, GND-SQU and GND-SAW machine in the MD.

Use the EFM-HH, it can do both triangle, square and sawtooth pretty damn well.

I've been wanting this recently, too. More basic machines. (Perhaps the GND-TRI would be overkill; we already have the sine.)

Although the EFM-HH can sound like a synth, it lacks "body" and "weight".
Cappy
There´s one more thing in my mind : i sometimes have a problem with parameter locks since they arent relative to the main level of the parameter, means you cant raise the overall filtercutoff of a sequence - the locks will always have the same amount ... now im going to try Ramp LFOs in HOLD to do so, but then i loose an LFO.

maybe the solution would be the ability to choose between "soft" and "hard" Locks, the soft ones being related to the unlocked parameter level.

otherwise a new CTR-machine holding the parameter locks could perhaps do the job...
more space for saving kit
Hammer Bro
for the monomachine, machines can be loaded on the midi machine (in best case) to control and unlock the arpegiator parameters.
Goomba
Via TONI:

"I've always hoped that you could render stuff from song-mode back to patterns. For example with MD, you could do one pattern, shuffle it to something else with song-mode and offsets. Then you would just select 'Render to patterns' from song-menu, specify 'Start pattern' and MD would render the content of shuffled song to patterns. We could use this to make interesting variations of single pattern and continue develop them in pattern mode. Very creative stuff.. "
Cappy
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 9 Months ago
Via TONI via IDBOY

Exactly. Considering the accent and parameter slides are aligned with the pattern, your suggestion would give the flexibility to organize patterns and develop ideas by having the pattern in front of you rather then in song mode.

something else -
For the mono, have the arpeggio active with rec/play on, and the notes pressed while holding function will be recorded into the pattern. The results of notes and timing by virtue of the arpeggio.

The notes are recorded in a rhythm of choice and the arp can be shut off. The use of arp is possibly doubled by allowing a melody to be built and reassigning an arp if desired.

I guess this is done by holding a chord in grid mode, but is more involved if wanting to experiment with the available rhythms.
Rew
Chain Chomp
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 8 Months ago
Indulge me a repeat if this has already been mentioned.... but I would really like the option to change how live record works on the MD... 2 modes:

Loop Mode: is what we have now. Put the machine into live record and start playing the chiclets .... when it gets to the end of the pattern it loops back to the beginning.

Linear Mode: when you get to the end of the pattern in this live record mode it would automatically start recording your triggers on the next pattern slot over. So say youve got four bars in slot B01... you play 8 bars of live triggers.... 1-4 get recorded in B01 and 5-8 get recorded in B02. If you kept playing, the next 4 bars would be in B03... and so on...

This would be a more musical way of entering trigs for me. I usually like to live record my notes in... but the problem is that sometimes I play something interesting that is more than my current pattern length and it gets lost as the pattern loops back. Linear Mode would be a way of capturing these more lengthy "performances." Of course you would have to make sure you have enough empty patterns cued up in a row behind the start pattern.... or maybe some sort of "pattern write protect" feature would be useful with this to prevent accidentally recording over a masterpiece.
ozu
Cappy
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 8 Months ago
sorry if it has been mentioned before...
but i would really like the mini mute to be located elsewhere than it is.
it's very good to be able to tweak while muting and unmuting sometimes but the damn minimute hides one parameter and this is annoying.
maybe would it be better located in the upper leftcorner, or on the pay/pause/rec...?
what do you think?
Go to top Post Reply